Fan question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thenewkevsters, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I've got a computer fan and im going to put it into my growbox to get some ventilation. my question is should i put the fan at the bottom and have it blowing cold air in or at the top and blowing hot air out...?

2. If you can have only one fan for ventilation put it on the exhaust to pull hot stale air out. Exhaust on top, intake on bottom.

What size grow space? A computer fan doesn't move that much air and probably is inadequate.

You should also have a small fan creating a light breeze on your plants, strengthens the stems.

3. its a 1foot by 1 foot by 2 foot space. my problem is that the temp is at like 90 degree's so im trying to figure out how to cool it down. i just started germing my seeds so im in the waiting process so im trying to get all the kinks out of my box. you seem like a experienced grower. What do u recommend on soil and all.

4. You should try Fox Farm Ocean Forest... alot of people on here recommended it and I am in the process of using it right now... everything looks great right now!

5. ok thanks. foxfarms it is...

Question. can i just kill 2 birds with one stone and have the fan blowing cold air in and blowing it on the plant to make the stem strong... or is it still a better idea to just fan the hot air out...

6. pulling the hot air out will increase the ventilation a lot over your proposed idea, and trust me it wont be enough of a air flow anyways to make them strong. Stick with the main idea

7. to be fair i think you should hav the fan at the booton of your box blowing cool air in and just make a fair size hole at the top for the air to escape that way you always have fresh air goin in, then goin out the top! just my opinion

8. Sorry Mr. Peng, that wouldn't work as well. You can try pushing air in all you want, and yes some will be pushed out the exhaust, but with full air pressure in the grow space the fan would not push its full capacity into the cab and would just spin inefficiently.

The best setup would be fans on both the intake and the exhaust, but if you can only do one make it the exhaust.

9. i dont understand that at all!!!!!

10. how much hotter is Mylar going to make my box? because right now im at 75 degrees with white walls but am questioning if i should have somthing that reflects light. I havent installed my fan yet but am thinking its not that hot in there and im only growing 2 plants so i have enough oxygen and what not?

11. white walls will reflect light so your ok on that one. i would put the fan in, its good to have fres air goin in, 75 is alrite i would drop it abit to around 70 so put the fan in and your shit will grow better:smoke: