Fan noise

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wdamow, Jan 31, 2012.

1. I have my fan inside the tent with the carbon filter outside at the end of the duct. It seems loud and was wondering if there are ways to make it more quiet.

2. well, i know you can get duct mufflers, but that will reduce the noise traveling inside of and through the vent... as for the actual fan, you may have to devise some sort of sound proof (ish) encasement (obviously not completely sealed LOL) around it to muffle it a bit

3. You can also try some bungee cord to hang it by to reduce the vibrations, or mount it somewhere outside. There's also fan speed controllers (which I plan on getting soon to combat noise)

4. I don't think vibrations are the problem. The sound seems to be coming from the air as it enters the fan. I'm thinking if I put the carbon filter inside the tent it will act as a muffler.

5. Your fan will always be loud because its running at max airflow. I had that same issue. Don't know your set up but often you don't need your fan to run at max. I have a 4 inch inline fan I put this thing on and it cut the noise by like 75% by turning the fan speed to low.

HTG Supply - Blower / Fan Speed Control

Also saves power. 4 inch fan is about 80-90 watts with that pluged in my killawatt says 20 watts on low speed.