Fan noise in apt

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by packedup, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Im not worried about the fan noise in my apartment but i just dont want my neighbor to hear it. I have the tent set up in my bedroom, up against a neighboring wall. Do you think my neighbor can hear the sound of the fan? Its a 6" fan thats turned up 3/4 of the way. It wouldn't be much of a concern if it wasn't the wall of their bedroom too and im assuming their bed would be against that wall too.

The fan is located inside the tent with a short piece of duct coming out of the top of the tent. I have more duct if that will help quiet it down. Just didnt want to have a bunch of bends in the pipe to slow down the exaust.

Am i just paranoid about the noise?

2. I doubt they'll hear the air moving but the vibrations may travel through the walls. The one I have is screwed right into the ceiling of my basement and you can hear the motor all over the house when it's quiet. I'm going to try mounting it to rubber feet like a car engine to see if that dampens the sound. I find that the sound of moving air just blends into the white noise of the house.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Make cover out of 2 in insulation cut with razor knife glue together, did it to mine have outside tent and draw out of 2 tent run fan wide open, much quieter
    Have heard of hanging the fan on bungee cord to get rid of vibation

4. The main thing anyone will notice is the spike change in your electric bill.

5. Currently I have the fan boxed in the 3/4” MDF board with a sheet filling the space around the fan. That helped out a lot. The fan is hanging inside the tent so there isn’t any vibrations. At least not against the wall and the tent is a couple inches away from the wall. I think I’m just getting paranoid, it mostly bothers me at night when it’s really quiet. Sound just seems louder without any background noise

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I hear my exhaust fan(6" 400 cfm) in my upstairs room from the basement. Room I can hear it is directly above room with fan and fan is in my tent so I'd be careful man. Not that your neighbor would even kno what it is tho.