Fan leaves yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jacksquat, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Experienced growers please put your eyes on my little clones. The bottom fan leaves on a couple have yellowed and I’ve removed 4 leaves total. The rest of the plant is healthy I think. Planted in happy frog soil with a little added mycorrhizae 6 days ago. Room is 72deg, 50% rh, pH water at 5.8-6.2, added a tiny bit of veg nutrients to water, super glue strain, under (2) phlizon cob 2000 with a lux at 45k IMG_1745.JPG [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG] it’s a nutrient issue you’ve got there mate check what nutrients and how much you’ve given your plants then look at this chart and decide which deficiency or excess nutrients you may have as you know your plants best bro hope this helps

3. Did it have some kind of root system going before you planted?

4. You took the time to read my post and I didn’t even reply. Just noticed. Sorry boss. Very rude of me.

It was just the clones from the rock wool clone substrate. I’m not sure what caused it but the plants got big regardless. I never repotted ever and the roots became super huge and filled the Octopot reservoir. I probably needed some mycorrhizae to make sure the soil was healthier. I have a grow journal and I’m about 4 weeks from harvest now. Thanks for reading my post.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's your pH mate. Not a soil grower but I know a pH problem when I see it.
    5. 8-6.2 is hydro ph. That's bad for soil.
    Again, I'm a hydro grower so don't know how to fix it but I'd bet a bollock that's what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree with Spanish....that is too low for soil........try keeping it around 6.5 in soil. I know you are thinking....well hey....6.2 is close............but in growing....ESP with PH......close isn't good enough.....from my experience anyway. Its an older post though........how are they doing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think you both were right. I had a little trouble in the beginning keeping the pH where it needed to be and finally got a system that works well. 6.0-7.0 is my soil range and I let the pH wander in that range to make sure I got good mineral absorption.

This grow went great and I’m about to harvest. Thanks for your help.

8. Thanks. I think that was it. I’m about to harvest. Big help having you guys check in on me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glad it went well mate. Easy now you know how isn’t it :)

• Like Like x 2