Fan Leaves yellowing * Pictures *

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tomblack, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Hey GC. I am having some plant problems. My fan leaves on my plants are turning yellow and dropping. All the other leaves look discolored with a dark green middle and a faded tip. When the plants first started showing these symptoms I stopped giving them fertilizers and instead gave them a tablespoon of mollasses per gallon of water.

Also, I am 1 month 3 weeks into flowering. From the little amount of bud you can see in these pics, how close am I to the chop?

Some of my specs:

250 w hps
    Soil
    Bubblicious Fem. Seeds
    Fox Farms Big Bloom (1 tbspn per gallon)
    Fox Farms Tiger Bloom (1 tbspn per gallon)

Help is VERY appreciated :wave:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. first off check the pH... in soil you want it 6.2-6.8 with 6.5 being perfect... if you haven't been checking and it's off it's just locked up...

you're pretty far along into flowering, and it's perfectly natural for the fan leaf nutrients to be sucked out... so do keep that in mind, but it looks like nute burn on some leaves, so you were right to kill the nutes... at least for diagnosis sake... if you were using tiger bloom though, if you overferted, it has time release ferts in it... so that could still be taking effect...

can't really tell by the picks cause you weren't focusing on the budsites, but you prolly know the trichome drill for harvest... 50% amber to chop...

since it's so late into flowering i think you're doing the right thing with molasses and water... i'd go ahead and flush it whenever you get a chance (iit could use a flush at this point anyways), and pretty sure you'll be cool for harvest...

verdict:
    check your pH to make sure that's not an issue... flush it regardless, pH balance the flush as needed, and continue with molasses and water

3. Thank you so much for all the awesome help! I can't get to the plants until tomorrow so that it when I will do that flushing. Thanks again. :hello:

4. Yeah it's completely normal for the fan leaves to go yellow and fall off during flowering, particularly towards the end.