Fan leafs turning yellow/brown then dying in flower w/pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by js6073, Jun 17, 2009.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Jedi, appears to be sativa dominant hybrid?
    How old are the plants? 4.5 months old, plant has been in flowering for 1.5 months
    What type of lights and how many watts? It was vegged under (4) 2' fluoroescent tubes for 3 months, it has been flowering now under a 150watt hps for 1.5 months
    How far from the lights? 16 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Currently watering every other day, water comes from a water store that is filtered using reverse osmosis. I ph test the water every time, and if need be, adjust it to 6.3-6.5
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Using fox farms soil nutes (trio pack) using the diluting ratio from their website http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf Im giving nutrient solution every other watering.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? N/A
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Lowest temp-75 degrees, Highest temp-85 degrees
    What size pots? Home depot 2 gallon planter
    Any bugs? Look real close. None that I know of
    Any other pertinent info? In the first week of flowering I didn't have a thermometer and the temps reached 98 degrees. I bought an 8" exhaust fan and a small table fan to fix the problem and lower the temps to where they are now (75-85 degrees). I originally thought the first week of hot temps made the leafs turn yellow/brown, but the temps have been consistent (75-85 degrees) for the past month and they are still dying.

This is my first grow, so I still have a lot to learn. I didn't run into any problems whatsoever during vegging. It's only now during flowering that im running into problems. Heres some pics that I took today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The leaves are going to yellow off (and die) in flowering. Might want to hear from someone else too, but I'm pretty sure that's a pretty normal thing. I give my plants a boost of nitrogen twice during flowering to slow down the process.

Buuuut..... that looks more like some kind of nute burn or something to me =/ I always thought the normal thing was like the whole leaf yellowing then wilting then eventually like just falling off. But you might wanna wait on someone else ;) I'm really fucking blazed.

IDK why you'd have nute burn though if you followed the FF feeding schedule. It's the same one I use =/

3. Alright thanks.

4. yea seems like nute burn hmmm check your run off also good luck

5. Alright I will check that. Thanks.

6. could be phosphorus def.id flush her

7. #7 lessismore, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    It could probsbly use a good flush, although it does not seem to be suffering any problems related to salinity or root lockout. Here is my $.02, take it or leave it.

First, it is not nute burn , nute burn starts at the tips and works inward.

It looks as though it is a def, but not from underfeeding, it is b/c your PH is too low, in the later flowering periods your plants use alot of trace minerals and micronutrients, PH below 6.5 locks out some of these. Raise your PH to 6.5 -7.0, add a little Cal/Mag plus on the next watering, then the next time you water, hit it with just water set to about 6.8, above 6.5 and below 7.0 if you cannot get exact, and about 5 ml of molasses to 1 gl of water, then just use str8 water the until your very last week, give it one more shot of molasses, then a week to 10 days later cut her down b/c she will be ready.

less

8. Good points. But if you look, you'll see quite a few burned leaf tips. Then again, it could be a multitude of things causing these problems.

Either way, it seems the consensus is to flush the soil and raise the pH.