Fan leaf?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NorCal75, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hello,
    New to the forum and growing in general and I have a question on my large fan leaves that are growing. I am growing 2 clones in a small space and have several very large fan leaves growing and I wondering I I should remove those, trim them or do nothing? Thanks.

2. Let them be, fan leaves are important to the plant. They are like little sugar factories helping the plant produce energy for healthy and stable growth. If there are a few fan leaves at the top shading your plant, carefully bend them and tie them to the stem so they lay vertically against the stem. The only time you really should pluck them is if they're more than 75% dead, in which case it's only wasting it's energy on said leaf.

3. Don't remove anything unless its already dead. The more foliage branches and shit you can keep healthy the longer the better the plant will bud

4. Thanks for the advice, I'll tie these guys down :)

5. I on my plant I have two leaves that are almost completely yellow. Do I take them off or just leave them. Just asking for advice. I'm a new grower and this is my first plant.

Attached Files:

6. Leave those. You have a thread with this plant, so I can help out there?

7. Alright. I need the help.