fan leaf tips turning brown?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by homegrown998, Dec 9, 2007.

1. what could be causing this? i know that the little round leaves under the fan leaves are supposed to turn brown and fall off, but now ive noticed that just the very tip of the big fan leaves have turned dark brown as well. "some more info to help with the question:" the setup is in a closit shelf with a two foot strip light sittin up sideways behind the plant with two 17 watt t8 bulbs that came with the fixture at wallmart 10$, and a 26 watt GE 6500k daylight bulb hung about two inches from the top. I planted in soil that feeds for nine months, so i have not gave it anything but plain tap water since it sprouted. its about two or three weeks old now, it has big fan leaves but the real leaves seem really small compared to the fan leaves. inside the fisrt real leaves you can see the third set of leaves are formed but the outside edges are brown so i figured that was from the light and allready made that adjustment.

2. are you using any nutrient supplements?

3. Are you checking th PH of the water?

4. ill switch to bottled water and see if that helps

5. Brown leaf tips means nute burn. Probably too much nutes already in the soil. You should do a flush.

6. bottled water will not help in most cases as you gotta PH the water yourself.in my case bottled water was more out of PH then my tap water.for my soil grows i shoot for a 6.5 ph, my tap water is about 8.3 and allot of bottled water i have checked has been anywhere from 7.9 to 8.5.

7. i dont have a ph kit yet distilled water is boiled and steamed so would that lower the ph?

8. because that water might be part of the problem too