Fan leaf question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Serpentine, Nov 23, 2010.

1. #1 Serpentine, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    If clones of clones start to grow single fingered fan leaves, what is this a sigh of? Generally fan leaves have 5-3 fingers per fan leaf, but if many start to show one finger, I was wondering what that meant.

2. 11-05-2009, 12:35 AM
    Greetingz,

I was wondering if there is a decay point on clones after a certain generation. It seems that my clones are loosing quality over time and the buds are not as large. I am on my 12th generation with several unkown varieties. The 5th-8th generation seems to be the best.

I am thinking about buying some seeds and appreciate suggestions for someone who suffers from chronic pain. I am legal in WA state with approval from my doctor and been growing for a few years. I want to grow 3-5 strains one for daytime so I can stay more alert and a night time strain to help me sleep. As a connoisseur I would like some flavorful exotics just to enhance the enjoyment.

Anyway I grow indoor, use the best soil mix, Blue Moon supplements for growth and blooming cycle. More later....

Thanks in advance. :D
    dirtyolsouth
    11-05-2009, 12:40 AM

HI,

imho there's no limit at all. I've heard the phrase 'genetic drift' bantered around on this discussion but I've never noticed any reduction in potency over time. I've cloned and cloned clones and then cloned those clones for more clones to clone clones from. Sorry... I've never noticed any drift and I've had some strains going as long as 7-8 years at a time before I had to shut down a grow and subsequently lost those phenos.

Happy Cloning!:cool:

3. There is no such thing as genetic breakdown of clones. Total myth.

Ever heard of clone only strains? How do you think they survive?

4. Why did this go off topic from the first reply?

Can anyone answer the initial question? thnx!

5. High,
    ive had this problem before and its nothing to much to worrie about, this could be due to putting the plant under stress ie to much or to little humidity, temps to hot or cold, over feeding of nutts.
    when i had this with the leaves they sorted themselvs out after a few weeks and i ended up with pucka bud mate.
    have a read of the sticky's for the right temp's ect.
    good luck mate.

6. Yes, this is typical of a stressed out plant...just keep em going and in a few weeks they will recover and go back to normal fan leaves, and keep on gettin it...add a few weeks to whatever time you were calculating for harvest tho....you slowed em way down by stressing them.

7. Thanks for the reply guys. Clears up a lot of things :)