Fan installation?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by qdavid, Aug 16, 2006.

1. I built a small grow box but completely forgot about venting. I was considering just using a desk fan and leaving a door open but that'd probably screw the flowering phase, in a couple months. From reading and replies, I gather putting in a computer fan is my best bet. My question lies in powering the sucker. I have a bunch of power transformers I've gathered over the years, but all the fan advertisements say 3 or 4 pin. I don't know if I could wire one up right. Is there an easy way? Any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

2. That's exactly what I did. On another forum a guy explained I needed to use the red and black wires from a computer fan plug and I spliced them to an old 11v cell charger I had. Works like a charm.

3. and also you dont need to drill holes to install your fan, just use the high temp melting hot glue then your set... thats what i use on my stealth grow..

4. I was wondering how i was going to sort this out. Thats a real help... I'm awful at wiring though. So my biggest worry is how to stop it from setting ablaze to my entire crop.

5. Check out the link below that i posted on a fellow grows closet build, you may find it usefully.I myself am crap at electrics but this was a piece of cake.Good luck
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=103531&page=5