Fan exhaust setup for winter

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jeremie86, Sep 25, 2016.

1. So winter is coming and I have no way to setup my inline fan to exhaust outside and need to keep it inside. Need advice on how to do this without smell being an issue. Humidity should be OK since I'm planning on getting a dehumidifier. Already have 6 in. Carbon filter with only 2 months use but smell is still quite pungent. Gotta stay stealthed.

Thanks for any useful advice you guys could give me.

Cheers

2. Keeping that heat inside is a winner so long a the air is not too humid...the dehumidifier is good....

Can you vent under your floor....be some nice underfloor heating during lights on....maybe use a fan speed controller to turn the fan down during dark. You shouldn't have any smell no matter where you pump so long as you are set up right and maintain good negative pressure inside your grow area.

3. I too was concerned about smell , yesterday on here I was recommended ona gel. I have a carbon filter in my tent but apparently adding the gel balls to the end of the exhaust makes the smell redundant. I have some on the way from eBay, see pic I was given.

Attached Files:

4. Yea I heard about ona gel. Didnt know they had one you could plug to the ducting like that its perfect. Gonna check it out. Thanks