Fan Controller?!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Tragidy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Hey friends, I know this has been asked, I have seen previous posts but damned if I can't find anything definitive for my situation. I need a fan controller in my cabinet. Currently I have two 120mm fans spliced into a 12v power adapter. However they are much louder than I would like for my stealth grow. Could anyone please tell me how I should go about wiring in a fan controller to my current set up or any kind of alternate? I don't want to go with a huge inline fan either.

PS: Something that won't break the bank. ~$20? And please provide links to a good fan controller please if possible, thanks! ;)

2. info on the milli amps of the charger and the 2x 12v dc fans would solve this ....the balance is all wrong I suspect, and if so is a fire risk!

3. #4 Tragidy, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013

4. I to have looked for the many posts on this issue...Gone!

If your charger supplies 12 volts at 500 milliamps, going to 2 pc fans sucking 12 volts at 250 milliamps then you are GOOD

But should you be blowing 12v out of your charger at 1 amp and the fans suck 12v at 250 mA (milliamp) then you can expect the fans to burn out eventually

Then again your charger may be blowing out 12v at 500mA (average) and your 2 12v fans may suck 12v at 750mA total 12v at 1.5 amps (sucking way to much) then you can expect your charger to burst into flames and burn your house down....sorry!

1000 milli amps(mA) equals 1 amp, 12 volts 4 amp is a car battery, you will feel the pain, ..12v at 1000 amps will kill you easy, see it as a hose volts the pressure amps the volume.

peace
    "V"

5. #7 jollyrancher1, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    "But should you be blowing 12v out of your charger at 1 amp and the fans suck 12v at 250 mA (milliamp) then you can expect the fans to burn out eventually"

Whatever you are smoking, don't do electronics.

Fans (loads as they are called) will only draw current, not use more then available.

In the above the two would draw 500 ma.

As for your car battery comparison, you are high.

You can put yourself across a car battery and you won't feel it.

Skin resistance breaks down at around 66 volts or more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock