Fan Controller Speed Issue

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by StonerSnake, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Running HPS ballast now and fan is working great

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hello Bryan. I finally managed to run some new Romex and grounded the receptacle correctly, but I am still having some interference issues. As stated before, if I run an extension cord from a different circuit to power my fan than the ballast is on, everything works properly.

Any ideas as to why there is still interference?

-Snake

3. question . so everything is working correctly when your using 2 different plugs . so 1 plug your ballast . the other the fan controller ? if yes . possible the ballast is causing the issue . i have a computer with a cheap power supply when i plug it into an out let it makes a lot of noise on the stereo . if this is a digital ballast it could be it . i did not go back into this post . but i can if needed . first let me know about what i just posted .

4. Yes, that is correct. Two different circuits.

Circuit A: Ballast
    Circuit B: Fan and Controller
    = Success

Circuit A: Ballast + Fan and Controller
    = Issue

-Ballast is magnetic 250w MH/HPS
    -200 CFM Inline fan and Titan Mercury Controller

The ballast is somewhat older, but it's strong as a bull. I will say though, when I switched to an electronic ballast I have laying around, the problem was resolved. I am genuinely intrigued as to what the issue may be at this point.

Thank you for your time.

5. glad its finally figured out wow . happy growing .

6. Well not completely figured out since I don't plan to use the electronic ballast. I apologize if I worded that poorly in the previous message.

I want to continue using my magnetic ballast. Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

7. i think the ballasts is cheap or faulty . i am not saying your cheap . the quality may be down .