Family disappointed, feeling a little guilty

Discussion in 'General' started by gymtoker, Jan 24, 2014.

1. hello everyone, this is my first post here.

my mom and brother have noticed the nightly trips outside in the cold and the traces of smell on as of late. there was a big sitdown where my brother basically went into a tirade about how anyone who does it is a scumbag, loser, low class, etc and then went on with his crap about "herp derp they spray chemicals on it" "herp derp gateway drug" etc

i know that my family's viewpoint is misinformed, but i do feel a twinge of guilt sometimes. all while growing up i was a bad kid, disrespected my family, etc. she wants me to be successful and whatnot and i know thats not very plausible even if there was never anything involved that will "make me procrastinate and be a deadbeat" in the words of my family.

swim just hates having to lie to his family and have them look at him and think hes not doing it when he could be blazed off his ass at that very moment and the knowing that his loved ones will look down on him and be disappointed in him if they knew.

how do you deal with it?

2. Better to be a "low class loser" than a condescending douchebag with your head up your own ass

3. #3 Bamboobam, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    That's sad that they did call you a "low class loser" and weed is not sprayed with chemicals. The only thing that is is spice (synthetic). There is no point spraying chemicals and lacing weed because there is no profit for those growing it. Weed grows and that's what makes it so great. No chemicals are needs and light, water, and plant food is all that's needed.

If you are doing the right thing now, then Idk why they would call you "low class". If you aren't doing anything with yourself and just smoking a lot, I can see why they would be upset. Do tons of research and show your family that there is a lot of benefits to weed vs. anything else.

4. #4 gymtoker, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014

well he didnt actually call ME a loser he just said i was an idiot and he wouldnt hang out with me or talk to me if he knew i was doing it, even in a different town. also he admitted to dumping girls because he found out they smoked, parting ways with best friends over it, and he says he's never smoked once. i believe him.

why are some people like this?

5. That's crazy. I think weed isn't a good reason to dump someone. Now, if they talk about weed all the time, are annoying, disrespectful, a bitch, asshole, douchebag... Perfect reasons right there! Your brother needs to be enlightened my friend.

6. #6 gymtoker, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014

he's 29. too far gone. and he is living with us with his girlfriend whos on her 2nd mistake kid with him. this guy is literally a pot calling the kettle black

7. Wtf jeez he's so hypocritical... He can't even live on HIS OWN and he has his gf living with him and 2 kids? Wtf? How come your mom isn't on his case? Fuck that shit. I would keep toking and not worry about shit.

Honestly he's much more of a loser than you. He thinks it's a good idea to have kids when he don't even have his own place? What does your mom think of that? Why does he live at home still? He sounds like a total loser

he does work and pay some rent, but shes preggo lol. he doesnt like her enough to get an apartment with her i guess, i dont know what the fuck. but yeah im feeling better about it now that ive thought this through. all my life when i was younger up to about 15 the guy was like my role model but now im seeing hes an ignorant miserable dude 

10. ^^
    Get on with your shit, dude.

Your brother is a hypocrite and a moron.

11. you know I could see where both you and they come from. I think most people living with their parents been through it before. you have to look at it from their point of view. nobody wants to come home from a hard days work and see their child sitting on the couch high as fuck. yeah they are overreacting as most parents do but I mean shit it is their home. free rent free food and probably other great stuff they give you. your brother probably doesn't want you to end up like him man. two babies and still at home at 29? they want you to excel and be the best. they probably just imagine you in public just high out of your mind.  I love the weed too man but sometimes you just got to get your shit together, get your own house or apartment and then! you can get high as shit on your own time. if you can finish high school or whatever the fuck your doing, and just save up every penny until you get out, I think you'll be a little bit better off. I  know I sound like a square bear right now but its your move man. its likely that your going to be stuck at home for awhile from your post, but is it worth it sneaking around being paranoid as fuck when you get home? the least you can do is be like hey im going to the gym. and keep the smoking to a minimal. use eye drops etc. at a certain point, they don't want to hear your going to go kick it. tell them your going to go do something productive, follow through with it, and then take a little toke. my buddy held off all through high school and  saved all his cash and now he has his own spot and growing. just maintain and do ya thang......

12. yeah i would have to pilgrimage outside at night when everyone was sleeping in this new england winter. one time when i finished i saw a light go on downstairs and that was it. someone had come down. i didnt know for how long. i had to either wait it out freezing or go in and bring the smell. that was the event that caused the big blowout from my brother. i hate having to be paranoid as fuck for reasons like that

13. Well, now they know. A lot of people get caught eventually but you don't have to really "hide hide" it if you know what I mean.

14. Just smile and waveSent

15. Sounds like crack head move lol

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Hon, you might benefit from getting a copy of "Granny Storm Crow's List".  Then you can dig up stuff like this-

Amotivational syndrome?  :laughing:   A quick search for Famous potheads will dispell that, as will this "ancient" study done back when scientists were supposed to find nothing but bad stuff about cannabis-

Operant acquisition of marihuana in man.      (abst - 1976)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/933012

"No subject stopped operant work even when he smoked 10 or more marihuana cigarettes per day. These data do not support the hypothesis that marihuana induces an "amotivational" syndrome."      :smoking:

The "amotivational syndrome" has been so thoroughly disproved that it is actually hard to find studies on it after the year 2000!

Did he bring up lung cancer, and how smoking a single joint is equal to 4 (8, 10, or even 20!   :cool: ) tobacco cigarettes? :rolleyes:

From my List-

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic.        (full - 2005) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837
    /?tool=pubmed

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.  
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/2007/1_Annual_Meeting/4749?maxtoshow=&hits=80&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cannabinoid&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows      (news – 2007)
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070417193338.htm

Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage             (news – 2012)
    http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

Cannabis and the Lung: No More Smoking Gun?          (editorial – 2013)
    http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201302-034ED?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3dpubmed&

Marijuana habit not linked to lung cancer          (news – 2013)
    http://www.clinicalpsychiatrynews.com/news/addiction-medicine/single-article/marijuana-habit-not-linked-to-lung-cancer/73840afd2cca226b9e6a9ddc7cb0d039.html

With my List, you can shoot down just about every argument against cannabis use, except the one that it is illegal in most states. (I'm working on that as an activist)  To get your free copy of the 2013 List, check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email!
    And here is a little-known fact about THC, and why folks should be using it- it works better than Aricept for Alzheimer's! :eek:

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Your best bet is to be exactly opposite of the "Cheech and Chong" stereotype that they expect, and try to educate them! 

And you don't need to use "swim" here, hon, you are among your "GC family"  :smoke: :smoking: :bongin: :hippie:   :gc_rocks: , and can speak openly about your use of cannabis. :yay:

Granny

17. How about u get better grades and make something out of ur life to shut them up Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

18. My momz was once ignit to what weed really is I basically said fuck it Imma smoke my drugs ANYWAYS ( not in those words my mama don't play that) but after a while she was force to get used to it she did research nd said she felt bad throwing facts on the table that she never took the time to research herself nd now she does research when the media spews bullshit

19. Man i think for your sake and theirs you keep your smoking business to yourself and don't take any chances that you'll run into them when you're doing it. Don't talk about it, don't give them any reason to suspect it. It sucks but it will relieve a lot of hostility. Use your free time to focus on and figure out a way to move out so you can do as you please.

20. Dude, knowing all of this, I would NOT be sweating what your brother says. Fuck him, it's quite obvious he doesn't have a leg to stand on for his douchebaggery. I would still try to keep your smoking on the down-low, just try to respect your parents wishes since it is their home. You should listen to your parents, but your brother just needs to shut the fuck up.