false arrest? please help

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ellis st wonder, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Alright so about two weeks ago I was trippen on about 35-40 pills of robitussin cough (yes the only active ingredient was DXM). Im sorry but I cannot remember the exact dosage but I could tell you I reached atleast 2nd plateau. I do not have any tolerance to DXM because it was only my 4th time doing it but I was flyinn. Sorry for the lack of information but it is really unimportant to the story except for the fact that pills are not illegal to be taken, expecially ones being bought OTC.

Well anyway, I was just chillen out at a local park near my house with a few friends. We were throwing around a football for awhile and just enjoying our highs. Well eventually it got to about 9:30-10:00 and a cop car pulled into the parking lot. Curfew is not until 11 where I live so it was absolutely legal for us to be at this park. They got out and started yelling at us to put our hands above our heads and the whole deal. We were patted down and questioned and everything because they witnessed two of my good friends rolling around on the grass laughing their asses off so they stated that they had good reason to check us. They continued to call us names and threatened to knock us off of our high asses throughout this entire time. One cop called me skippy atleast 4 times to which I responded 'Sir, why are we having a conversation about peanut butter at a time like this." I legitamately thought he was talking to me about peanut butter because it was all I could think about when I heard the words Skippy. I was then given a sobriety test and failed because I couldnt tell you what came after K in the alphabet so I was cuffed and brought to the police station.

While there, I told them what I did and they said were giving me a huge break and releasing me. At this point I was just happy with walking out of a police station without any fines or anything but I later realized that nothing I did that day was illegal. Sitting at a public park and 'accidentally' overdosing on robitussin pills is not illegal in NJ so was i wrongfully arrested? Is it possible for me to bring the officer to court for this and get the arrest repealed because I would much rather not have any arrests, expecially ones that were wrongfully given. I currently do not have his badge number but could easily retrieve it because one of my good buddys works in the station and could tell me who it was with a brief description he said. Please some feedback from some fellow blades. Thanks:smoking:

2. how do you have a curfew at 18?

3. the town curfew is 11 and if anyone is seen walking after this time have automatic reason to be questioned and/or picked up by cops. My car was in the parking lot so I also had to walk and get that the next day. I have no idea where you see 18....

4. So if your friends works at the station, is he a cop? Or does he just have some other desk job there? If he's a cop, couldn't you just ask him?

5. lol ive been threw the same thing couple buddies of mine where walkin on my street and a cop stopped us and was hasslin up about some curfew im like sir im 22 years old your not going to search me using some lame ass curfew bullshit when im in my neighbor hood

dont let them get to you man fk em

6. nah hes like a secretary type thing. I dont know his exact job description but im sure he isnt a cop. If he was a cop I would have asked him and wouldnt bother posting a thread lol

7. because 95% of towns that carry a 'curfew' dont/cant apply to anyone over the age of 18. then again this could be totally different for small towns. the idea of town curfews make me laugh. maybe cuz im from the city, i dunno

8. your town has a curfew? wuuuuuuuuut.

maybe you're missing something and you or your friends caused something else that led to your arrest.

9. when yur trippen yu dont think about these things man? thats why im posting a thread because if they searched me under false pretense and i got a false arrest i am looking to see if i can get it reversed? if you would like me to post a picture of my birth certificate I will lol and they didnt search us because of the curfew if you read what i posted... I just added the fact that it wasnt even time for the curfew yet and they searched us anyway because a few friends were rolling around in the grass laughing their asses off.. read what i write in the thread before yu make false assumptions

10. I know if you're still in high school, no matter your age, you will be stopped and sent home promptly.

If you're out of high school, they will still stop you at 11 and tell you it's not smart walking around. They can also do sobriety tests at their will.

It's fucked up.

11. im 21 they wouldnt be able to stop me because of the curfew either way especially because it wasnt even 11 yet. I was adding the curfew as an extra explanation on how I had full rights to chill at any park I please during this time but apparently everyone likes to focus on that part of the thread and not answer my question. they checked us for other reasons

12. Actually, at least in Michigan, most federal perks (which is a good majority of them) officially close at sunset, soooo they could have had reasonable cause to search and arrest you for trespassing.

13. Ummm, they can still stop you even if you're 21. They checked you because you were a "suspicious looking character" out at night. You may not have to go home, but they can definitely ask you to take a test to see if you should be out walking around. Public drunkeness will get you a free night in the drunk tank, so why wouldn't they check someone they know they can nab?

And i wasn't questioning your age, jesus fuck.

14. everyone else was I just picked your post to quote. im sincerely sorry lol but alright I just wanted to make sure they had atleast some reason to check us out because ive had a few friends tell me I was arrested under false pretense but i figured the GC community would give much more advice on what to do. Ill probably just say fuck it since I wasnt fined or anything

15. this will probably be informative in some way to you.
    I have been arrested 3 seperate times for possesion of marijuana in florida. Iwas tripping balls the first time too. Each case was real bullshit, and i ended up getting familiar with a lawyer and he got all of my cases thrown out because of something the police did wrong.

So, when you go to court make sure you have a good lawyer, if you even have to go that is. My only problem with my shit was they took my picture while i was tripping out of my mind and posted it on the website for all my family and friends to see. Even though i beat the cases, to this day the arrest records are still online, which actually sucks hard. I wish i knew of a way to get rid of them. stay safe while your trippin dude dont carry illegal shit on you out in public or drive and your as good as gold free to trip crazy they cant get you for it

16. thanks man. we didnt have anything on us and we werent putting anyones lives in danger driving or anything so everything should be dismissed

17. #17 Atlblazer, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009

Personally as long as you never told the cops exactly how much dxm you took, I would play it off as to say, hey I just wanted some relief, I did not know what it would do to me to take a couple more then the reccomended dosage. What is a judge gonna do, tell you the correct dosage, and then be like from now only take this amount, so this does not happen again?

Because technically. Under the Federal Analog Act, Dxm could be considered a designer drug, I think. So takeing 35-40 with the intent of getting high might fall in this act I am not 100% sure though so you might wanna do some research.

18. Do exactly this.

19. fucking east coast bullshit. move to ameri...i mean the west coast where a person has rights. some cop out here hassled me about some curfew bullshit i'd tell him to FUCK OFF. i guess thats prolly just cause for lethal force on the atlantic seaboard though.

seriously, curfews for adults? the mind boggles.

lawmakers have tried for YEARS to make legal random roadblock inspections here in wa, everytime they get close a group of lawyers backed by the ACLU go up to the capitol and ruin the governors day. and even if it did pass, here in WA we got a little thing called referendum, that shit would get repealed quicker than you can snort a gram offa teenagers ass.

fucking curfews for adults, pisses me off just thinking about it.

20. #20 SKS, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009

"jesus fuck"

youre an ignorant fuckface

you cant be searched for being a "suspecious looking character"

grow the fuck up

Name-calling is not welcome here, dude. -JD