Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Anthony777, Jul 21, 2012.

1. you on the comp? i wish consoles had god mode

2. Yea then I was...also have it on 360...fallout 3 was cool with the fatboy mods that could take out a whole town...havent seen what new vegas has for mods recently

3. I recently had no obligation to attempt to play this game again..then I got the Bethesda pack during the Steam sale and have to say I actually enjoy it on the PC in comparison to the 360, where I literally owned it for five days and then returned it. Just started my story and have all the DLC included and my level cap was risen to I don't know what..but I'll be sure to find everything out this time around :smoke:

4. What OS are you running it on? I wanna get it for windows 7 but I'm not sure if it will have all the problems Fallout3 has on 7.

5. I really liked Honest Hearts for its exploration and the scenery. I will definitely have to play it again.

How is Lonesome road? I haven't played it yet, but I should get around to it.

6. So who's played/playing on hardcore mode from start to finish? I absolutely love the survival aspect, having to eat, drink, and sleep to stay alive. The challenge is so rewarding when you see how far your wasteland dweller has come at the end. But beware of sierra madre on hardcore mode. Shit is CRUCIAL. (make sure you get ALL that gold (;. )

7. I played Fallout 3 and it changed my life. I was so disappointed with New Vegas.

8. #68 Mogwai, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    Hardcore is all I ever played on NV. I was so hyped for it but still sorta let down. I think it should've been way harder.

I would like something like... you get shot in the head, you're dead. Of you're shot somewhere else you're going to have a hard time fighting back and if you can you probably should just get the hell out of there. It'd be hard and frustrating as fuck, but it'd leave you creeping around so cautiously and on edge.

I didn't expect that much realism though.. but I expected it to still be harder than it was.

9. Got an Xbox bundle the other day, came with some used games and I picked NV as one. Barely expected to play it, was more interested in COD. I have not played Any other game since I popped in NV.. I'm at work right now and all I can think of is going home, pulling out the lever-action shotty and blasting Benny in the dome

10. NV isn't shit compared to FO: 3

11. I'm running it on windows 7, on a decent desktop..my HP TouchSmart, all my settings for display and whatnot are maxed out and I haven't had any problems at all yet.

12. Just got the riot shotgun... I remember why I loved NV's weapons so much :smoke:

13. Yeah there's some fun as hell guns to use. My fav is the .22 smg which you can grab off Benny's guards.

I also recently grabbed the Pulse gun, which completely merks BoS paladins and robots. Fun to use when he's got a gatling laser and you just pop him with this little pistol thingy.:smoke:

14. FINALLY back in the Mojave after a long 8 months. I sold my console earlier in 2012 and was missing Nee Vegas the whole time. I decided to pick it up again, only this time on PC. The PC makes the experience SOOOO much better.

15. Fallout 4 is in development at the moment, think the release is in about a year

16. My NCR Courier has managed to make it to level 34 after defeating Elijah at the Sierra Madre. He's burned through most side quests, 85% of the main quest, Honest Hearts & as I stated earlier, Dead Money.

He plans to do a little more work for the NCR before heading off to the Big Empty. Once he leaves there he will finish up the remaining jobs the NCR has in the Mojave. Then, he will be walking the Courier's Mile to hold palaver with Uylesses, where they will then carry out their legendary battle. Once all is said and done he will assist the NCR with holding the Dam and then assassinate Cesar Lanius. ( He already put a .357 through Cesar's skull. )

All in all, this has been one of my more enjoyable playthroughs so far.

17. www.facebook.com/smokejet

This is my personal page for Fallout related material.

No Fallout love in the City anymore?

Just finished my 1st playthrough for PC as a NCR Courier. Did all DLC & came out as a 48. Don't know if its just the PC or what but this has been my favorite playthrough ever. I have been a House supporter since release but am beginning to lean more torwards NCR lately.

18. I love the pc version simply because the console feature allows me to expand my gameplay by so much. Don't feel like playing seriously? Put on no clipping and fly around and shoot stuff, or spawn random items you want to use, etc.

When I start a new Fallout I get really really into it(like too much probably), I like to imagine myself in place of the character and think about how I'd react(within the given options) and kinda forge my way through the story. The biggest problem I have with Fallout games is I'm a marathon gamer. If it's real good I'll be there awhile. I believe when I got Fallout: New Vegas I played over 39 hours straight. I took breaks for food/chron/piss but mostly I sat in a chair for like 2 days, damn near addicted to finishing my storyline.

19. So I am currently doing a playthrough. My courier's name is Jarek. He was raised as a tribal before escaping when his tribe was slaughtered by the Legion. He was captured by the NCR on false charges and imprisoned in NCRCF. He eventually escapes the prison when the Powder Ganger's riots break out. Trying to lay low he takes on the role of a Courier to travel freely from place to place. He is eventually shot in the head by Benny and there his story begins in Goodsprings.

He starts out almost as a savage from his tribal upbringing and incarceration at NCRCF. As time goes on he begins to make & sell chems to support himself since being a Courier doesn't pay too well. After being fatally injured by Driver Nelphi, a drugged up Fiend he begins to take Med-X and eventually becomes addicted to it. He also goes on to slightly experiment with Jet, but prefers Turbo and it & Med-X becomes his drugs of choice.

As he gets deeper & deeper into New Vegas and the upcoming battle of Hoover Dam he realizes how much his addiction is holding him back. He eventually overcomes it after a horrible battle with withdrawals. He continues making the finest Turbo in the Mojave and uses this funding to help push New Vegas towards Independence. Once independence is claimed he adopts a business partner where they continue to manufacture & distribute clean chems to the Mojave Wasteland for years to come.

Jarek & his chem empire end up falling after about 8 years of business when they get involved in a Chem War.