Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Anthony777, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Started this a few hours ago. About an hour in. Stooooked to sit down and play this stoned.

2. Probably my favorite game. Played it high many times, have fun!

3. Big fallout 3 fan, completed it at 100%

Fallout new Vegas not so much for me. I got to the point where you have to kill that computer guy and it just all got so confusing to me

I do hope they make another fallout but on par with skyrim

4. new vegas and fallout 3 is awesome i also got fallout 3 NV recently :)

5. Just wait till you get the badass guns like the hunting shotgun, LMG, or the anti-material rifle.

You will shit bricks and love it.

6. Fun game but not much replay value once you know the story..also beat fallout 3 goty to 100%

7. Yeah, i enjoyed Fallout 3 so much better. I hear they're making another Fallout soon. I've heard San Francisco, or New York.

8. [quote name='"Periced"']

Yeah, i enjoyed Fallout 3 so much better. I hear they're making another Fallout soon. I've heard San Francisco, or New York.[/quote]

WHAT fucken jizz everywhere

9. I love Fallout, I hope the next one is like Skyrim

10. Yeah it's a great game. I was stuck home for quite a while after a surgery and I picked up NV for the occasion. It had some improvements after FO3, like the weapons were kinda better and shit.. but then there were other parts where it just wasn't as good as 3.

I think what got me though was the map. It was just boring to explore compared to 3. And it kinda left me unmotivated to do a lot of side quests. I've been meaning to pick it back up sometime and do them though, if nothing else then for the easy achievement points haha

11. I agree i thought the plot of Fallout 3 was more epic . . . but i liked the a the factions- and followers quests were able to be affected and influenced by the players actions.

I thought it was pretty neat hearing ceasar's perspective on the war as his soldier- and then comparing that to what he says if you are his enemy/neutral.

I thought the ways you could complete quests to alter the way factions inter-acted with each other was REALLY cool-

(chief hanlon is BY FAR the best plot-side quest in ANY fallout game so far in my opinion.)

12. If the gameplay improvements of NV were implemented with the amazing gameplay of FO3 and that kinda of environment. Then I've no doubt Bethesda's Fallout junkies (like us) would eat that shit up. :D

13. i love this game. i never really did much besides make myself into my own faction and kill everybody else after beating the game.

i wish it had the community feel that skyrim has, cant wait for the new fallout game.

14. Just reached level 30 today :)

Fallout is my favorite game series so far.

I love how you can mod your weapons and ammo and the vast majority of things you can do like being a sniper in the mountains or a adventurer looting adbandoned towns or just wandering the wastes blowing shit up

15. The biggest problem with Fallout is the low max level cap. I never understood all that.

I really hope (but doubt) the next one has a higher cap.

16. the cap was only level 30? shit i thought i was low levelled at level 26.

17. I used to not like the Fallout series because as a major Elder Scrolls fan, I naturally tried to compare the two. When Fallout 3 didn't play exactly like Oblivion, I kind of ditched it. Same with New Vegas.

Last summer, I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY, and was determined to play it. As I got further in, I started to forget about what I expected and genuinely enjoyed the game. I beat it and all the DLC. I played New Vegas not long after, but didn't beat it. I only played the main quest and never even finished it. However, I picked up during the Summer Steam sale and have been playing it since.

What I learned to like about the Fallout series over the Elder Scrolls series is the reality of my character. In the Elder Scrolls series, I don't feel like an adventurer, even if I'm exploring and looting. I just feel like an overpowered warrior in a cool world. With Fallout, I actually feel my role as a person living in a post war setting. The barren landscapes help with that reality (even if they are a little boring). I feel that when I find loot, that it happened in a natural and realistic way (opening a tool box and finding Wonderglue that I can make 5 caps off for example. Not opening a treasure chest filled with 4000 gold items). I actually feel like an adventurer who's in a world that is dangerous filled with potential.

18. yeah same- and once i finally got into it .. . i really liked how the ethics/factions gave you such a versatile way to interact with the world.

I really like trying to choose who to 'work' for and trust- as i let my personal opinions and criticisms of the NCR- or ceasars legion-

Also- the game developers are pretty good about how they include ctually ethical problems from the real world into various characters and situations

19. [quote name='"chocobo"']I used to not like the Fallout series because as a major Elder Scrolls fan, I naturally tried to compare the two. When Fallout 3 didn't play exactly like Oblivion, I kind of ditched it. Same with New Vegas.

Last summer, I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY, and was determined to play it. As I got further in, I started to forget about what I expected and genuinely enjoyed the game. I beat it and all the DLC. I played New Vegas not long after, but didn't beat it. I only played the main quest and never even finished it. However, I picked up during the Summer Steam sale and have been playing it since.

What I learned to like about the Fallout series over the Elder Scrolls series is the reality of my character. In the Elder Scrolls series, I don't feel like an adventurer, even if I'm exploring and looting. I just feel like an overpowered warrior in a cool world. With Fallout, I actually feel my role as a person living in a post war setting. The barren landscapes help with that reality (even if they are a little boring). I feel that when I find loot, that it happened in a natural and realistic way (opening a tool box and finding Wonderglue that I can make 5 caps off for example. Not opening a treasure chest filled with 4000 gold items). I actually feel like an adventurer who's in a world that is dangerous filled with potential.[/quote]

I like this post, it's spot on

Im the opposite, HUGE fallout fan, had an extremely hard time getting into oblivion because I was expecting too much fallout haha

20. #20 ChronicNLean, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
    If you're not starting the game on hardcore before you leave the doctor's house there's no reason to play it. I LOOOVE hardcore mode, the fact you have to eat, sleep, drink. It add so much realism to it. and it adds a great challenge to it. makes you feel good coming out Sierra Madre with all that gold and owning the whole Legion squad when you come back to the Mojave Wasteland. I hate Caesar...