Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Criggity, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Surprised not a thread about this yet. What is everyone’s thoughts on this? I personally am a LITTLE bummed it won’t be a single player, but I can’t lie, I’ve been dreaming of a official multiplayer fallout since fallout 2.

I also hope they add a optional “hardcore” server where if you die your killer can take everything on your corpse, or someone can raid your base and take everything etc etc. Thoughts? Have a good one guys.

2. #2 Dizzy, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Not understanding why they changed it that's annoying move imo I don't think I will be getting this one.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why couldnt they just do both, completely changing to multiplayer makes also opt out on this game, but i loved FO4, but naah im not getting it either

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's Rust meets Fallout 4.

Might be fun. Definitely gonna pick it up.

"Metal Gear!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Lol yep the old Fallout games are still fun because I don't have to play online.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fallout is dead. After fallout 4 this doesn't surprise me. The only thing that would redeem bethesda imho would be if they remade new vegas with obsidian (and this time actually completed the game). But I know that will never happen. They just want to make the easiest, quickest money they can with complete disregard to quality.

• Agree Agree x 2

7. No Single Player Huh!

When was the last time Beth did that

Yeah ...killed SKYRIM deader than DEAD in 2 secs flat

pissed off 5 million players

never to return

I know I was one

Metro Exodus now holds them all

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I believe if executed well it can turnout to be a classic. I love the idea entirely, besides the fact of getting nuked by "xxxPussyxxSlayerxx" lol. Which I'm sure they will prevent this, and do a trial and error. I think a lot of traditional players are just not comfortable with this huge change. Let's wait, and see how this plays out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. i think it sounds great. fallout is the perfect kind of game to have an online multiplayer experience IMO. it just sounds so fun to navigate the wasteland and see who you meet and try to survive together, or kill who has to be killed in order to survive. not sure why people are so opposed to the idea TBH. you have no problem fighting NPC raiders but fighting real human raiders upsets you? i dont get that logic. people are just afraid of dying and losing all their shit lol.

playing with and against real people should make it way more immersive IMO. it still has quests and story so thats not an issue. also from what i heard you will only be grouped with a couple dozen players at a time. thats not a lot over a pretty big map but its enough to keep things interesting and make sure you will come across people every so often. i think it sounds fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I agree man. It's a cool idea. FO4 was a flop and could have used buddies. This is better.

"Metal Gear!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Actually I have changed my mind I might try it out just because I'm such a fan of the other Fall Out games!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think it is a decent looking game, but not exciting enough to make me want to get it at launch. I will probably pick it up after a price drop or two.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Most of the games are moving in an online-play direction. It's actually big step for Fallout series. Fallout 4 already wasn't RPG, but exploring and shooting was fun. Developers mentioned in twitter that there will be no human NPC - this means, most likely, no dialogues and quest system will be different. And this is quite logical because events take place in a short time after nuclear strikes - there should be no humans.
    For me, Fallout is mostly about exploring and Fallout 76 map is huge, hope there are a lot of interesting locations too. I like original Fallout games and I feel a bit sad about Fallout going in this direction, but I still believe that Fallout 76 will be lots of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’m sorry you feel that way. We can talk about it’s pros and cons compared to other Fallout games but I personally had a blast with it.

J

15. It was good but it had something missing. It didn't have that "yeahhhhh" factor that fallout 3 and new Vegas had.
    I really liked it but it lacked that something special.

16. You’re absolutely correct imo about the lack of rpg elements or at least the minimal amount of rpg elements - boy did I like FO3 & then especially New Vegas, but still it’s a Bethesda Fallout game and with a good pc system what a great time I still had with it.

It’s always hard to compare mine to another and we can do that with many different game but if we look at the different versions as being simply different and not compare one to one other You’re so much better off.

Look at Gordon Freeman and how different the Half-Life series games were… each being very different but man - all so good.

J

17. It was a shitty semi RPG set in the fallout universe with minimal effort to questing and dialogue and your choices didn't matter at all.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

18. And yet I still enjoyed wandering the Commonwealth waste killing deathclaws, Raiders& Super Mutants.
    Sure - things could have been different but I let it go and had fun.

J

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Another series falling victim to micropay I'm afraid. The concept doesn't sound bad but I said the same about gta online.
    They should have made a new Vegas 2 or something in that direction.
    I won't bury the child before it's dead though