Falling in love with my best friend.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by archernater, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I met this girl (Sara) through a fiend about a year ago. She's 28 I'm 20 I always though of her a just a friend because of the age gap. Over the last year we gradually met up more frequently to get blazed and chill in the evenings, however I would always meet her with my best friend (Tom).

Then couple of months ago she moved into a flat a couple of streets down from me, so inevitably we saw a lot more of each other. Subsequently a month later Tom had a mental breakdown. luckily me a Sara were there at the time and looked after him until he went to stay with his parents the next day. This was a very traumatic experience for me and Sara, we spent the next 3 weeks seeing each other nearly every night to get blazed, support each other.

Over the last week I feel like I've completely fallen for her. I think about her constantly, I spend the hole day waiting for her to text and invite me round after work. But I realise that this love is completely one sided. She's just too old for me. At her age she's got to be looking to settle down with a man, and not be in a relationship with a student.

I've been waking up in the mornings weeping like a baby, with an intense sadness penetrating right down to my core. I'm finding loving her extremely emotionally painful, because I know we cannot be more than friends.
    I feel that I cannot revile my love for her because it will ruin are friendship, which is something i could not live without. Loves a biatch!!

Just though I would share this get some feeling off my chest. Any advice would be much appreciated though...

2. stick it in?:p

3. honestly u can be more then friends idk what the fuck ur problem is. People can always make it work, as long as she feels the same way, u never know

4. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

5. no offense your acting retarded fucking tell her

6. it could work
    never know

just have fun with her

o , dont make your lust over her ruin the friendship

7. You gotta just tell her dude.... and talk to her and let her know what if she feels the same way worth a shot. she obviously wants you around. step it up a notch dawg

8. I feel the exact same way about my friend. Problem is, I'm too much of a pansy to do anything about it.

9. Ha, same kind of shit happened to me. The chick was 35, married, and had two kids.

Its a bitch but move on.

10. Talk about it with her. Keeping it in is obviously not working.

11. Evaluate your friendship and if you think telling her how you feel won't make it awkward then go for it. If this girl feels the same then try and date her, although im dating a girl i was a friend of for 3yrs it took awhile not because she didn't like me back but because she didn't wanna lose our friendship. So get out that friend zone and work your game i guess, good luck!

12. cheers for all your advice dudes :) It's been real good to get some other peoples opinions about this. The majority of people here recommend telling her about how I feel...

She is by far the nicest person, most caring and honest person I've ever met, she has all the qualities of my perfect woman. When I'm with her I am relaxed, any problems i have fade away,I feel completely at ease with myself and surroundings.

Guess what I'm debating here is... If I do revile my love for her, could I handle being rejected and loosing this amazing friendship. :confused:

13. That is a tough situation to be in friend... I am a man that operates best through the language that I use... Write a respectable note(love note aweeee) and be completely honest. There is no reason hiding feelings such as those from any individual.

14. I think you might be onto something here... I never had such intense feelings for another person, I'll only end up feeling regret for hiding these feelings from her.
    I like the idea of writing her a note :)

cheers dude

15. Cheers to you too sir. I have a pretty decent speaking ability but whenever I really need to knock someones socks off I either take off my pants or write a note.

Let us know how it goes!

16. Lol, KillerKush knows what's up. A well-scripted letter will get the women with the shave down below, as Borat would say.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpPbui37Dk]YouTube - Borat on What Women Like[/ame]

17. Thanks again for all your advice guys. I'm ganna think long and hard about what course of action to take and I'll let you guys know how it works out.
    wish me luck :eek: