Fall of the Republic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemiseInDisguise, Oct 29, 2009.

1. I dont believe anything Alex Jones says, does that offend you? Are you saying youve never "attacked" anyone that doesnt agree with YOU? Please.

I think you seem to be the one brainwashed if you think that video is an accurate depiction of the truth. Sure, anyone can throw in a few facts, but that doesnt mean the whole thing is credible.

Why didnt Jones make a movie about the fall of the republic after 12/12/2000? The republic fell well before Obama took office.

2. Usually, one should examine his "enemies" argument before demonstrating their foolish prejudices for all to see...

3. It's pretty ignorant of you to dismiss everything someone said just because you're prejudiced against them.

The video is more accurate than many other things I've seen. Are you really criticizing him for being too late and do you really think anyone would've watched this back in 2000?

4. Im prejudiced against him because ive seen his work, heard his arguments, and i dont agree with him. I feel the same about Dick Cheney.

5. I've only watched about 50 minutes and the entire thing has been about the recent bailouts, concentration of banking power and the conflict of interests within our mixed economic system.

It wouldn't have made sense in 2000, before the bailouts.

At least check it out before you attempt to banish it to pandora's.

6. Well, ad-hominem isn't necessarily a fallacy. To be a fallacy there can be no relation between premise and conclution.

So "kstigs smokes weed like a chimney, so one really should not take anything he says seriously!" is an example of a fallacious use of ad-hominem, as smoking weed do not have any bearing on what position one hold on various issues. As the diversity here in the city clearly shows.

However "Adolf have broken treaties before, so we should expect him to at some time break the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact!" is not a fallcious use of ad-hominem. There is relation between the premise, and the conclution.

As such, using Alex Jones lack of credibility by past outrageous (and false) speculations, and his well known pattern of conspiracist-paranoia as a premise have direct relation to the conclution: What he says and the conspiracist speculations he throws around have very little merit, if any.

7. I see your point about ad hominems not always being fallacious; however, I don't think we should just write off everything someone says because they've been wrong in the past. Alex Jones, despite being a paranoid conspiracy theorist, brings up a lot of good points in this particular video.

8. infowars: Alex Jones' Movies
    Alex Jones' Movies

If you really want to find out fact from fib, why don't you watch his earliest movies and see if any of his predictions were correct? I doubt you've seen any of them at all.

BTW, it helps to watch his YouTube channel too. And instead of just listening to what he has to say, go out and verify it. You'll be surprised to find he's on the right page most of the time

9. His Christian Fundamentalism and Limbaughesque radio personality has really turned me off, but I'm gonna try watching Endgame today, anyone know if it's any good?

10. Thats not really an Ad Hominem. An Ad Hominem would be David Icke is a retarded, braindead morron.

11. i watched it and there was some pretty interesting stuff in there. There was lots of bullshit mixed in though.. This is the 1st alex jones vid i've seen where he actually sounds professional and not like a crazy nutcase.

i thought they did a good job explaining the continuation of the Bush regimes monetary policies being continued by the Obama regime.

they could have done a better job with the Global Warming portion.. i do agree it's a scam, but they didn't show much evidence in this particular video imo.

but like any of these documentaries there are bits of truth and bits of bullshit.

12. I agree, I'm not one to jump on bandwagons, I do think it is always good to get all sides of an issue. The funny thing is that some people will have a shit hemorrhage if you try to explore a side of an issue that they don't agree with or understand.

13. So, Mister West, we meet again.

Sorry, always wanted to say that.:D

14. I'll watch the video later but it sounds better and less crazy than some of his other material. 2 and a half hours is a long fucking time though.

Well, your handlers aren't telling you the truth apparently. Almost nothing you're saying is true.

15. Side note, did anyone find that Alex Jones sounds a lot like the narrator from "Dune". The music almost the same in some spots.
    Pay attention to the sound track of these type of movies, it's designed to manipulate your feelings. Obamas political ads during the election were full of them.

16. Most television programming, including the news and many commercials, is designed to "manipulate your feelings." I'm just saying that these movies are not the only ones that are appealing to your emotions.

17. Ain't that the truth....right down to the music you hear in shopping stores....