Faking to get a prescription? wrong or right?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Squishey, Apr 5, 2009.

1. #1 Squishey, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
    I'm sure it has occured as an idea to everyone, however brief it was, even if you exadrated symptoms. But i want to know if any of you, have ever tried, or have ever done it sucessfully. Im not interested in doing it myself, because i dont think its right, but what about you guys?

I dont think its right to do, but i cant help but think about doing it. Depending on the situation, i might break some rules :)
    Ecpesially if the reward is a lifetime supply of k-pins :D

2. why the hell wouldn't u do it as long as u get the pills u want. some of u guys need to get off your "High-Moral Ground" and get back to Earth and be real. i tried getting more painkillers when i broke my arm but my asshole doctor wouldn't give shit besides for the perc's i got once.

3. As far as I'm concerned, the government should be handing out big bags full of cannabis to every man woman and child.

That being said, I think its fine to manipulate the system a little bit to get some xanies or a little more adderall or whatever. I don't feel that way about MMJ. As far as cannabis is concerned, I believe its wrong to fake an illness that could potentially lead to terrible press for MMJ and risk obstructing the progress of legalization as a whole. Thats just wrong.

4. They can't prove that you don't have pain, anxiety, ADD. Go for the gold as far as I'm considered.

5. well said about MMJ, agree 100%

6. Damn, misunderstood the thread.

I took it as strickly MMJ. But if it is for pharms, I will be the first to say that I have lied about a condition to get some pills.

7. Well, i honestly think i have some sort of anxiety disorder, as i often just get a little push and it alll comes out. It sucks, i get so depressed ( only for an hour or two ) so scared, really hyper aware, crying, used to cut, and reealy fast heart beat. Seems to fit, but i dont want to go into the phycaitrists office saying i have anxiety disorder and wanting meds, lol. Idk, if i did, i would want xannies or kpins, but what are the odds of me getting thoes, instead of like a ssri or something shitty.?
    (i want for treatment AND abuse :D )

8. of course it "sets back the cause" but when it should be legal in the first place for everybody, it's w/e

9. it's wrong because it's lying but i would do it regardless

10. I don't thin its okay to obtain pain meds through fraudulent means

11. You could easily get xanax for something like that. The racing heart/hyper aware/fear part. Thats the exact description of anxiety.

12. I have exagerrated before to get more hydrocodone or narcotic cough syrup before. It makes me feel much better and gets me high. They can't prove if I'm lying about my pain or not, so why shouldn't I?

13. #13 Diceman, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
    I'm talking about pills in this post (xanax mostly) not MMJ.

How is it wrong? The doc get's atleast $150 just for giving you the script.

I know...I just did this 2 weeks ago. Half was for the script and half for drawing blood.

Then the store you buy the pills from makes money (heb walgreens walmart)

Then the producer of the drug makes money off you buying their product.

And you get the pills you wanted.

That's everyone involved and they all got what they wanted...

Lying to mommy and daddy to get a script could be wrong. Depends how you see life.

I for one wouldn't feel right letting my parent work 3-5 days and worry just so I can get a drug. We've all done worse im not sayin shit doesn't happen but I know it's wrong lol

If you wanna pay the doctor a couple hundred dollars though trust me...he's more then willing to make you happy. He wants you to come back to HIM not some other doctor because you weren't pleased with him.

People always forget the power is in the money.

14. This thread reminds me to get my xan script refilled.

15. my friend did that to get xanax lol

16. People who doctor shop are the reason people who actually need controlled substances for REAL issues sometimes can't get them. Doctor's are not stupid; they can tell when most people are faking. This makes doctors as a whole more and more nervous to trust or give out medication to patents who actually need them.

It's a shitty thing to do. Unless, of course you actually have the symptoms and might actually have what you are going in for.

17. It's not wrong. People deserve to feel good. =] But it is one of the first signs of addiction. Ahah, or so I've read. =P

18. ^^^^ this is my only complaint. As a male in my early twenties whenever I go into the doc with a bad cough or now that I'm seeing someone about anxiety/attention issues, I always get the feeling they think I'm full of shit.

19. Nah who cares stick it to the mand, especially if it gets you high, and personally ive only done it for xannies

20. I agree with this 100%.

But, if you have a condition for which you need the scrip which the doctors refuse to recognize, and you really think that you need it (or at least would significantly benefit from it), then I don't think that I would consider it faking to claim another condition that would get the medicine for you. More like the story you need to tell to get the doctor/administrator/whatever to do his/her job properly.

The above condition aside, if you just feel like getting high and fake to do so, I really don't think that that's a valid reason for 1. Supporting the belief that drug users are shifty liars who just want to get high, thus making prohibition all the less likely to ever be repealed, and 2. Making it harder for people who actually need the drugs to get them, either in the needed amounts or even at all.