Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fakin it

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dr dre, Aug 15, 2008.

1. I agree that faking it in order to get a card is a bad choice.

It really seems ridiculous to blame the fakers for the continued defamation of medical marijuana. Do the pharmaceutical companies and federal government look at the Huge amount of Americans faking in order to score pills, sleeping pills, anxiety pills, and decide that the system should be shut out in order to stop this. No.

They just use the fakers in the medical marijuana system as a scapegoat to make another unjustified negative point against the movement!

2. medicinal marijuana is a wedge in the wall of prohibition. slowly its changing people's opinion about cannabis.

however...who are we to judge another person's disability. this idea that too many people are getting medical marijuana is kind of crazy. i understand it. but fear i might not meet a cut off. it's never happened.

the oversight should be done at the compassion club level. regulators should be here. state run clubs should be considered. oversight is needed. regulation is required. yet these two areas aren't something traditionally found in American culture. it's a very un-regulated desiring society...im digressing.

regulate the compassion clubs not the patients!

never get between a person and their physician. if a physician says they need the med herb then that's the patient's right.

3. Such an argument is not valid in this case, "To each, his own." can only work when used on matters of opinion, not matters of fact.

-Faking leads to the belief (In others) that such a medication may not be all that legitimate.
    -Such feelings lead to opposition to such medication.
    -Opposition leads to stupid laws.
    -Stupid laws prevent real patients from getting medication.

True, one person is not making much impact, though if others begin thinking, "He did it, so why can't I" then you have a lot of people faking. As you hopefully can see, this can easily snowball out of control.

Bad example, the laws concerning such pills are different from laws concerning cannabis.

It is already common medical belief that such pills are legitimate medicine, though it is not common medical belief that cannabis is a legitimate medicine. If and when the law as well as the medical community treats both groups equally, then that comparison might be viable. (Depending on what other if any changes have occurred)

4. #104 Alfiee, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    I don't believe this to be accurate at all. I've heard of so many people lying to their doctors to get pain pills, and Doctors still prescribe them. Faking, like I said in an earlier post, is not the kind of thing that will ever get so out of hand that will bring down an industry. It has never happened in the history of humanity, and it probably never will. You say that the more people fake, the more people will continue to fake, but the fact is that some people are predisposed to do this sort of thing. Some people, will recognize the risks regardless of someone else's experience, and then decide for themselves if it is feasible or not, depending on their own personal character, limitations, or acting ability (haha) while others, will try no matter how gravely warned.

This is the way people work, this is the way society works, it's nature's low impact solution to "free radicals".

5. Dude, you are seriously naive.

Are you even an MMJ patient at all?

6. You quote one part of my post and come up with a fallible argument that I took apart in the other section of my post, good job. :rolleyes:

7. Totally failed to grasp

8. Yes, yes you have, pretty much in every post you've made in this thread you've failed to grasp what's at stake.

Look you're not an MMJ patient, just stay out of topics that don't concern you.

9. Could you be more specific? Are you referring to yourself? Me? Someone else?

Ignoring the last two options, if you are referring to yourself, don't worry about it, everyone falls victim to stupid posts at least once in a while. (This one wasn't even all that bad)

@WildWill, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell new posters to not post, thanks... :)

10. Okay fine. Have fun getting it legalized by yourself :rolleyes:

11. Although i agree with you through most of this thread, i think thats a little harsh.. sounds like what the government said about vietnam.

Should the topic not be open for discussion?

That said, i do believe that there is a problem with "faking" and you should not get it prescribed if you don't have a legitimate illness.

12. At least some of you are lucky enough to *have* MMJ laws. I live in a State that is not going to do it anytime soon (PA), and I've personally heard from my local rep that one of the biggest arguements against it is people gaming the system in States that now have MMJ laws.

So, I continue having to be a 'criminal' to grow my meds in part because of irresponsible lying assholes who fake being sick so they can get legal bud.

To those people I say: Fuck You.

13. its easy for those of you who need MMJ to say youd never con the system. Have you ever thought that just maybe we all may want to be able to smoke legaly? Try looking at it from an outside perspective.

14. #114 Gloom, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
    You are mistaken, conning the system is not legal, thus you would not be smoking legally as a real patient is. Why go through all the trouble of faking an illness when you will most likely fail or just to end up breaking more laws then you already are?

15. First off that doesn't apply to me because I'll go to jail for 10 years if I get caught growing regardless of my medical needs. Second, if you get a recommendation under false pretenses you're still breaking the law so it's NOT legal. Way to try and rationalize lying though. :rolleyes:

16. from what ive been told you can recieve a perscription for somthing as simple as migranes. Who are you to tell me i dont have them? in reality no one is going to prove you lied to get a card. If i lived in a state with MMJ i would have a card regardless of wheather or not i truely needed it; call me an asshole or selfish, i realy dont care. I just like to get high :)

17. You've obviously never had a migraine. People have killed themselves because of the pain they cause. I know people who have had them who were completely incapacitated when they struck.

I'll grant your wish though; you're a selfish asshole. -rep

18. your argument is flawed. I didnt claim anything regarding the intenstiy of a migrane, my point was they are rather common every now and then. Therfore making it a rather good excuse for getting a card.

And the neg rep means nothing to me, i come on this forum to look at pics and discuss weed, not to show off with "rep"

19. ^this.

+ rep

20. It is actually a recommendation, not a prescription, but anyways....

If you have a condition or symptoms that are described under the law, then we really can't say you are faking, can we. Though that is not really the point, the point is that faking (When you don't have any excuse) is technically a crime, being a crime you are not smoking legally. If you get caught or not is completely irrelevant, same as if you get caught or not if you are buying off the street.

A crime is a crime, if you really want to smoke legally (Not illegally), then examine anything you might have that can be treated with marijuana. If you still can't find anything, then go off and find something you can inflict upon yourself that would get you qualified.

Again I ask, why go through all the trouble to probably fail? Or you might get lucky to end up risking an even greater sentence then you already are?