Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fakin it

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dr dre, Aug 15, 2008.

1. In Washington it is a Felony to fraudulently obtain a doctors recommendation.

2. Many dispensaries I know of maintain a sliding scale, much like many "legitimate' pharmacies. If a patient is indigent, or terminally ill, or just too sick to work, they will receive their meds at a reduced rate, or gratis.

That's free!

There have been some greedy bastards in the dispensary business, but for the most part they are run by persons of compassion, who do genuinely care. Even if that's hard for you to accept, it is true, I have seen it, and lived it for years.

Years and years.

And the Canna-docs I know, and I personally know more than one, are all legitimate doctors, who do actual exams on their patients. And I know of many instances where cannabis doctors have recommended more than cannabis, such as getting blood pressure meds, or a CAT scan, or seeking psychiatric help, that have benefitted the patients health tremendously, and may in fact have SAVED THEIR LIVES!!!!:)

Surprised?
    Don't believe the hype, dude, and don't fuck it up by being a faker.

3. I don't see anything wrong with "faking it". It wouldn't be hurting anyone if you grew your own. Sure there are plenty of people out there who need marijuana to ease their suffering, and everyone is saying that fakers take useful medicine from ailing patients. Well if I went and got my medical marijuana card by "faking it", grew my own weed and smoked it for pleasure, nobody would even know about it, it would affect absolutely no one. Except all my little brain cells that love absorbing weed smoke particles.

4. I knew there would be a lot of opposition to this kind of idea. Unless you truly need medicinal cannabis, you shouldn't try to get it that way. For now, we just have to rely on the streets.

5. Horrible post. By "faking" it you abuse the system, and if enough people abuse the system it will go away. Whatever we do as patients we need to remember that there are others who absolutely NEED the meds to survive, and we CANNOT jeopardize that. If you truly have a need then it won't be any problem to get a recommendation, but if not, don't do it.

BTW - did you REALLY feel the need to add that to a FIVE month old post? Your opinion was not new or unique, just assinine.

I wish more doctors were willing to draw the line and NOT give our recommendations to folks just because their money is green. However, therein lies the issue as well. The truly needy get their meds subsidized by those of us who can afford to pay co-op prices. I know for a FACT that the two clubs I frequent provide meds to truly needy patients gratis. They are only able to do this because I pay a bit more than what is on the streets. Of course I also pay more because of overhead and what-not, but that doesn't truly bother me.

What DOES bother me is people "faking" it to get a recommendation. I didn't fake it to get mine, I was very, very truthful with my recommending doctor, and have been each of the 3 times I've gone back to get a renewal.

6. #86 Alfiee, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    First off, I didn't realize this post was that old, so excuse me. Second, is what I said inaccurate in any way?

There will always be those who try slip past the nets of those who would restrict the use of marijuana, whether for a recreational use or medicinal. It's just like people stealing form their employers, it's not gonna bring down an industry, most company's even have stuff like that figured into their budget. And the thing is, fakers aren't costing anyone anything. I'm not saying it's right, all I'm saying is there's no reason to get so worked up about it. And what about those who have conditions that don't qualify in their state of residence?

For example, let's say that Joe lives in Oregon, a MMJ state, and he has a clinical anxiety condition. Well if he lived in California he'd be set, however anxiety is not a qualifying condition in the state of Oregon. Would you consider it wrong then to for Joe to fake back pain so that he can receive treatment for his anxiety?

I would hope not.

7. Bullshit. Fakers cost real patients access to the meds they need.

Sorry, I will NEVER condone faking it to get a recommendation. PERIOD.

8. Well my friend that is something I can accept. To each, his own. I would never never deprive a suffering MMJ patient of their medicine for the sake of my own pleasure, I support the cause, I vote for it, I sign petitions for it, and I love smoking marijuana.:smoking:

9. I hear everyone saying stuff about "fakers" costing other people access to medicine. I agree with what most everyone is saying about it being shitty to do in general, but how is it denying anyone else access to anything? There is certainly no shortage of dispensaries.

The reality is the majority of people who have medical MMJ cards probably don't really need them anyways.

10. There are so many people that fake it, or have a minor injury or illness and soon or later get a MMJ card. It's a shame really, messing the system up for those who really need it. But lets be honest you can get MMJ card from depression, anxiety, sleeping issues, sprain parts (neck, back, knees, ankels, etc)

You get the point, just ask around for easy doctors. People do it for Rx drugs all the time, it's called Dr. Shopping.

11. Supply and demand + inflation, my friend.

12. #93 terrormachine, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    Lol, they aren't causing inflation. Inflation is our government's problem from pumping too much devalued currency into our economy.

And either way, there is no "denying" of medicine happening. Nobody is just not getting medicine because of people using shady reasons to get their cards. If you can afford a 60 dollar eighth, you can afford a 65 dollar one, etc.

13. #94 WildWill, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    You really don't get it do you?

Those who abuse the system make it difficult for those who do not abuse the system. When governments, be they local, state or federal, look at Medical Marijuana they look at how many people could abuse the system, not how many people it's helping.

Do you think that patients in San Diego County are being served by the laws? They're not. There are virtually no dispensaries in SD County because they are afraid of being shut down by LOCAL government who is concerned that non-qualified people will abuse the system.

Do you get it now?

Abusers of the system make it that much harder to legitimize MMJ for everyone else.

Also, who made you judge and jury that you can say most of the patients who have MMJ don't really need it? Have you gone pre-med for four years and spent another three in med-school? Have you done your internship and been licensed by a state board of medicine to practice? Because unless the answer to all of those is yes, then you have zero right to tell anyone that they don't deserve MMJ for their pain and suffering.

If you can LEGITIMATELY get a doctor to give you a recommendation, then you're fine. BUT if you have to fake an injury or chronic condition, then you don't deserve a recommendation. PERIOD.

14. +rep

People just don't get it. One of the biggest arguments being used in States that refuse to pass MMJ laws is that people will just game the system to get high.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about full legalisation, but in the meantime people who game the MMJ states' rules to get their herb 'legally' are hurting everyone else whether they choose to admit it or not.

I won't even go into the fact that lying makes one a lowlife to begin with. That much should be obvious.

15. I must spread some rep around before I can rep you again Oldskool.

But yeah, pretty much my beliefs summed up nicely.

I too would prefer it was legalized 100%, but until then, I'll take what we can get at this point, and I do NOt want to do anything to jeopardize the existing laws.

16. It's all good...I'm not here for the rep anyways. I give it where it's due and if someone feels I deserve it that's fine.

17. First of all, don't talk to me like I am lacking in some sort of mental capacity which I assure you I am not. Cut down the hostility.

If you'll read my first post I was asking a simple question politely.

I'm not a doctor but I know that it is easy as hell to get a card in California. I've been told by friends of mine with MMJ cards that it seems like the majority of the people they see at the dispensaries seem like they're just there trying to get high.

I'm not saying people with LEGITIMATE problems shouldn't get their shit. The kids complaining about their leg hurting and it taking them an hour to get to sleep shouldn't get it. I was talking about people complaining about BS just so they can get legal weed..

And no, I do not fully understand all of the issues and implications hand in California. I don't live there and never hear much about it. That's why I asked in the first place, you were just the first person to give me a competent answer.

18. anyone should be able to qualify for medical marijuana.. ;)

19. Yeah, that's the damn truth :smoking: