Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fakin it

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dr dre, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ooh really? I had no clue, I didn't see that in the rules. My apologies to modship.

2. If the OP's stated place of residence- Oregon, is correct, then everyone is making a lot of assumptions that he'll qualify based on California legislation. We essentially have 3 pages of responses based on the assumption that the OP is from California. Some states have VERY stringent guidelines as to who qualifies. Unfortunately, in those states, it would seem as though a person would need to be on their deathbed or damn near. That is too bad.

3. Yea my B........ I am guilty as charged.

4. I forgot this was the internet. :rolleyes: Ok not everyone is faking it. But it seems that way..

The number if seriously ill people using MMJ is far less than the ones that are using the system for their own non-medical interests. Was that better? :confused_2:

5. Haha it was, sorry to nitpick.

I just like the three-tier system that Canada has. There are several different classifications of requisite need and each require a different amount of bureaucracy, etc.

For example, a person with a terminal illness requires very little. They do no even require that a doctor agree... it's a little more compassionate.

Plus, I love the first and third pictures... they inspire me. Maybe just a good excuse to post them

6. i dont think its word for word in the rules but ive seen threads deleted for it before.

i mean seriously is it going to help the cause if someone on a cannabis forum asks, "what can a fake it get a med card easy?".

this thread is worth deleting imo.

7. I'm going to miss the good conversation between myself and NorCalHal

8. #48 cuatro veinte, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
    Definitely that picture with the old lady and the Jay is just great! :smoke:

Maybe because we're such a Liberal state the government get lazy when setting up laws. :rolleyes:

From what I have seen, at least the good spirit hasn't been lost at all. A lot of the dispensary owners I meet get to know their patients and learn their problems. They're very knowledgeable about what they're selling and will always make great recommendations.

9. I don't believe there's a such thing as "faking it".

If you're desperate enough to try to scam the legal system to get some marijuana in California even though it's already abundant as water on the streets, then I say you are in need of a card. :smoke:

10. People are always gonna try to "fake it" to get med maryjane just like people "fake it" to get other prescription drugs..nothing will change that. Might as well try it without making an ass of yourself. I'm not prepared to do so but I think I would try(if I was more knowledgable on the subject of medmj)

11. This is the opposit of what I see. I see more folks going to a dispensaries to "get smoke", not to find a good strain to eliviate a condition. I see hundreds of folks walk thru a dispensaries doors everyday, and they are screened,brought to a counter, pick thru 50 different flavors, and get thier smoke. Dispensariy Owners are not anything like a pharmacist, thats 4 sure. They are all out to make money, plain and simple, not to help the sick and poor folks from around the state.
    I know this statement alone will cause much drama, but that is how it is, don't fool yourself. It's really all about money. Plain and simple. And it's about taking the law to the limit.

I guess that is what gets me sometimes. It;s the fact that alot of folks really believe that MMJ is a "cause", when in fact, it is only a defense in court because the American people are not quite ready for full legalization. The laws were passed because folks are more apt to feel compassion if we call it "medicine".
    The whole MMJ debate is a great thing, don't get me wrong. And as I have stated, it DOES help alot of SERIOUSLY ILL folks. But, the majority of MMJ card Holders have the card for only a coule of reasons, to obtain MJ legally and in a comfortable safe place, and protection from LEO.
    If a MMJ gave no legal protection, then there would only be about 10 people in Cali with a card.

Legal Protection, thats what MMJ is all about.

12. Damnn Granny takin that shit to the dome! :D

13. fuck everyone saying dont do it, theirs thousands of people fakin it, and pot isnt a nesecary medicine, theres lots of other drugs that would do the same thing. but yea go do it, its worth a shot at least

14. The buzzkill strikes again!

15. #55 HydroGanic, Aug 16, 2008
    Ummm where do you live? Pharmacists around here just take the scrip, fill it and take your money. How's that different?
    At least at dispensaries they'll usually give you free meds during bad times if you can't afford it. I had a couple of rough spots and everyone was very generous and helped me out immensely. (See the puking thing in my sig)

I've never run into a pharmacist that would do THAT for me. (Maybe 30 years ago... yeah?)

Yep. DuPont wanted to sell NYLON rope and had their lobbyists push for having marijuana put on the Schedule 1 drug list. (Even cocaine is a relatively safe Schedule 2 drug)

Yes.. a CAUSE to stop the insanity and RE-legalize REAL Medicine. Not synthesized pharmaceuticals that screw up our bodies and minds.

Yes... there are a lot of dispensary owners that act just like drug dealers and guess what? They get busted... just like drug dealers.

The collectives that are set up FOR patients BY patients are excellent. They don't tell me _everything_ is "The BOMB!" and usually don't try to hand me an Indica strain when I ask for Sativas. They also don't get raided unless one of their members is an idiot and does stupid stuff.

There are 2 bills in govt right now to
    1) Decriminalize MJ
    2) Put MJ on the Schedule 2 Drug classification and allow states to pass MMJ laws.

Write letters, make calls and see your govt. people in person and push for these. It's the best for everyone around.

GROW ON!

16. Thats a real general statement to make... Everythings about money. A pharmacist wont sit there on their own free time to go over different pills and what pill would be best for you. They answer the questions you ask and give you your pills as they are PAID to do.

I've never been to Cali... so theres not much I can say on MMJ dispensaries and what-not, but I have no doubt there are dispensaries and clubs that strongly back MMJ and are willing to help MMJ patients.

When it comes down to it, its all money, but a lot of people care about the herb... thats for sure.

17. I was on some of those drugs... side effects suck with pills. seems like most pills leave you felling zombied.. or just blah the next morning if not immediately. Or how about just good ole constipation...oh yea..love that one...more pills please..

MMJ does not do that.

18. i heard a story through a friend about a guy he works with who said he went for a medical card evaluation and didn't bring any paperwork, tried to come up with something and was denied.

i secretly cheered. i get annoyed at the people who take advantage of the system.

19. Don't try to fake it. We are lucky to have in parts of the country, and we better not abuse it, because then those of us who truly need it will no longer have access to it. This shit saves lives, and if those who need it cannot get it because of a few idiots who abused the system, then that would be very fucking bad.

20. #60 calicheese23, Aug 16, 2008
    Just go to your doctor and get diagnosed for a disorder that pretty much every human gets eventually in their life. Depression and Anxiety (minor depression and anxiety gets you prescriptions to anti-depressants and possibly Xanax). ADD is also something extremely easy to get diagnosed for. Just go to a symptom checking page for depression or anxiety and I guarantee you will come up as depressed or anxious.

The pharm industry is ridiculous and everyone pretty much has some kind of disorder now.

Edit: I live in California and most people that go into the clubs are just average dudes who have insomnia, depression, or anxiety. I'm not advocating "faking it", I'm just saying chances are you have a disorder of some kind that can be helped by marijuana.