Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fakin it

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dr dre, Aug 15, 2008.

1. this is not cool man.

think about the people who actually NEED something like this. dont ruin it for others.

2. Maybe (most likely) an all powerful, omniscient being does not exist, so your argument is useless.

Just something to think about.

3. Everyone's abusing the system in California mayne.

It's so obvious when you go to a dispensary and see all the people that go in.

Yeah the homie down the block who I bought coke from is in need of MMJ :rolleyes:.

It's bullshit just like anything else. I'm not complaining though.:D

4. Ya man dont fake it, im waiting to get my MMJ I smoke daily to deal with my nausea, and insomnia

5. -rep. for abusing what I need and giving it a bad name.

6. its a stupid system thats being fucked over anyway,

get what you want while you can man.

7. Oh yeah, they're all totally faking it :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

8. All my ex-friends are recreational users. Most lied to the doctor to get a recommendation. Most said they use it for sleep issues, migranes that they do not have, etc.

For every 1 legitimate user there is at least 100 fakers out there. The people I see going into dispensaries in my neck of the woods are young kids who look very very healthy.

LAKush

9. Excuse me for veering off-topic... but damn! Nannys got a fatty!

10. Lmao, I thought the exact same thing.

11. Ugh.. I know people do it but that doesnt make it right. Dont try to fake it. Get it the the way all the rest of us have to who dont have MMJ Laws. (Keep in mind ive been aproved for a card i just dont live where its legal anymore >.<. Went back home to ohio)

12. Hahaha yeah, she can roll better joints that I can, and that's saying something.

13. #33 NorCalHal, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    First off, there is no such thing as "faking it" when it comes to MMJ. Now, I speak only for California law as I am not familar with other states MMJ laws.

In the State of California, you can get a Dr's rec for a number of things, INCLUDING anything the Dr feels MMJ will help including pain, insomnia...So, there is no real need to "fake" it, as all of us have had a "symptom" at one time or another.
    The BIGGEST misconception, as Sam Spade stated by posting those lame pics, is that you have to be a fucking involant to get a MMJ rec. This is far from the truth.
    It all goes by your personal feelings of what constitutes a "need" for MMJ.
    Sam obviosly thinks that you must be on your death bed or crippled to be a "legitimate" MMJ patient. That is incorrect and plain ignorant. Who is to say what MMJ can help and what it can't? We aLL have our reasons for tokin' up, and one is not "better" than the other.

Here is the bottom line. MMJ is a stepping stone, plain and simple. When Mr. Peron first introduced the law back in '95, it was and still is, the ONLY avenue to help folks battle LEO. A MMJ rec gives it's holder a defense in California Courts for possesion and cultivation. Simple as that.

What Sam and others feel is that MMJ is some "miricle drug" that until only the last 15 years or so, has "come to light" and is the holy grail of meds for terminally ill folks.
    Sam, do you really feel that SMOKING herb is a proper way for folks to injest their meds? Cmon meow.
    Don't get me wrong my ill informed friend, I do also feel and realize that MMJ DOES help alot of Seriously ill folks with pain and appetite issues. I myself have had 3 surgaries on my back due to a pinched sciatic nerve, and yes, it does help. But, I have also been tokin for alot longer then I have had my back probs. And even if MMJ was not around, I would still be tokin'

There is NO ONE on this board who can dictate what constitutes a "need " for a MMJ rec. Plain and simple.

Sam, I would like to know your feelings on Cannibis Clubs? Are they doing a service?

14. #34 Sam_Spade, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    Agreed, unfortunately review and oversight committees do not feel the same way. There is a vital different here too, because as I understand it, the California laws are all fairly straightforward.

Adoption of the three-tier MMJ program we have in Canada could easily eliminate the risk of perceived abuse. I essentially agree with you.

I mean I totally agree that everybody and anybody should be able to get safe and legal access to cannabis, for whatever reason. That's part of being a human being, choosing what you want to put in your body.

Um, I stated nothing of the sort. That's how you choose to interpret it. :rolleyes:

I said that where?

Um, no. I didn't say anything of the sort.

I appreciate your gusto for Medical Marijuana, but you're doing yourself a disservice.

That is incorrect and plain ignorant. Who is to say what MMJ can help and what it can't?
    Again, agreed. Although I would go as far to say that some require it more than others. For example, if you're heaving your guts out and in chronic debilitating pain from chemo, you might require it a little more direly, than a person like myself who deals with mild bone pain. Either way, none should be restricted from getting it. Hell, social anxiety is a very common disorder and cannabis is a great treatment for many.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a person synthesizing symptoms that aren't really there to begin with. I don't think it should be done, because it puts at risk everybody else.

Instead I would endorse what you recommended; be honest with your doctor and tell him about your legitimate symptoms.

Here is the bottom line. MMJ is a stepping stone, plain and simple. When Mr. Peron first introduced the law back in '95, it was and still is, the ONLY avenue to help folks battle LEO. A MMJ rec gives it's holder a defense in California Courts for possesion and cultivation. Simple as that.

Nope. Wrong again. You sure love fallacious logic, huh? You could do yourself a favor and exercise some critical thinking.

I'd be stunned if I actually met a person who thought that.

No... in fact, I have a thread in this section about how I think it's a very poor way to go about it, and does medicinal cannabis users a disservice. You can search it if you like.

Strangely enough you might be one of the few people to agree with me. The popular opinion seems to go the way which you falsely accuse me of.

Let's leave the furries out of this.

We agree, you just didn't take the time to investigate and were far more interested in making accusations.

I mean, it's a mistake I too sometimes make. I just ask that you reconsider your wild personal claims.

And I didn't try. I'm just aware of the fact that government legislatures are not always as understanding.

Are you referring to dispensaries? If so, then yes, absolutely. Not only do they help sick and even healthy people of all types, they help to decrease crime, they promote a more informed and aware drug user base.

I think you just misunderstood me, NorCalHal.

15. QFTruth

16. Awesome post and retort Sam! And you are correct, we are actually more along the same lines in this then not.

I do understand that this post started out as "Fakin' it", but who are we to deny this poor guy some sort of Legal Defense for MJ? I think the original poster is a little nieve in thinking he has to "lie" to get his rec. Don't lie, just tell your doc why it helps, as there are SO many reasons legally, that virtually all folks can get a card. If you have EVER taken aspirin, then MMJ can replace whatever u took aspirin for. And I am sure we have all taken aspirin at least once in our lives.

As for the pics, I was a little upset because it gives the wrong message, imho, that you need to be old and seriously ill to be a legitimate MMJ user. Sure, some folks have a more, how shall we say, dire need for MMJ, such as Chemo.

As for the "dispensaries", there is no better place to purchase your smoke.
    But what about the folks who supply the clubs? Do you think that they are seriously ill folks who grow thier own and sell their extra to the clubs? Heck no. It is folks like you and me who have a card for whatever reason and "go big" and pump bud to supply the ever growing number of clubs. Without them, there would be no clubs. These warriors are not truly protected by the MMJ laws, thus proving the need for Decrimilazation for all, not just "sick" folks.
    That is why I believe that MMJ is just a stepping stone man. It has done it's piece in changing the view of MANY americans that MMJ is not as harmful as LEO has been stating all these years. Now, we are starting to see laws being introduced to Decrim MJ on both state and Federal levels. That is what this is all about.

17. I'm sure most adults suffer from one of these conditions on the list. (insomnia/depression)I suffered a few conditions , and could have obtained my recommendation before I really did hurt myself(blown disc/sciatica).

My point is...most people qualify for mmj....this is a tough life we live

Once again this is my opinion

18. Haha I love when two people are able to resolve a dispute and come to workable consensus. :hello:

Yes, absolutely. I wish the system and even the society were more open to this. Unfortunately it seems many of us will have to rely on pseudo-legal self medication for the time being.

And that's if you're lucky enough to live somewhere you can get MMJ

You know, in retrospect you're right. Without explaining myself more clearly, I can see how you made that conclusion.

Yup, you're entirely right.

Even my distinction between medical and recreational use is paper thin.

I mean I wish I had more to say, but you pretty much nailed it. :metal:

19. conversations regarding faking diseases/disorders to get a med card are not allowed in the city.
    thread reported.