Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fake MMJ Cards?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Willyum, Jan 5, 2011.

1. #1 Willyum, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
    First off, I am not looking for a fake mmj card. I'm from Illinois so it doesn't even matter.

I was curious if people are making fake cards just like fake IDs for booze.
    I have never even seen a mmj card online or in person.

Mods if you have a problem with this in anyway just take it down.

-Willyum

2. I was thinking about trying to get a fake one last time I was in Cali, but I think the cards are supposed to have a phone number the dispensary can call to verify your recommendation.
    Anyways, it seems pretty cheap/easy to get a real one...

3. #3 jb5355, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  4. also i am a card holder and i can tell you they are nothing special, atleast in michigan, it woudnt be no where near as hard to make a fake MMJ card as it would be a ID or something like that, they dont even have pictures on them

5. When you go to the collective in Cali, you don't usually get a "card". The card itself is useless pretty much actually. You show your drivers license and the collective checks if you are verified on the computer.

The only thing they want to see is your Original Doctor's Rec and your government issued ID or driver's license. The only way to "fake" it is to steal the originals, which are useless unless you look like the person who you stole from...

6. The only folks I have actually heard of using fake MMJ ID cards are the COPS when they want to bust a dispensary! :eek:

However, standard dispensary procedures (calling the doctor to verify the rec) usually catch the fakes before the law is broken. :p

And why would anyone bother to print up fakes and risk counterfeiting charges- a major felony? When......

(A) it is dang easy to get a legit rec. The sleazier "pot docs" will practically give you a rec for being "warm and breathing"!

(B) It is easy to get caught when they check your rec at the dispensary the first time.

(C) California now has just a $100 fine for possession of under an ounce! (That's still too much, though!)

It just isn't worth the hassle to make fakes!

Granny :wave:

7. thanks for the info everybody. again I was just curious.

I know the laws of my own state (illinois) but I don't know too much about other states. the very basics if that.

8. Kind of off topic... War on drugs and all that, but why bust a dispensary? I don't know all about them, but I assume they pay the state a bit to be open and sell, maybe someone can confirm that. Seems like the DEA/Police are just bored. Like some guy going hunting at the zoo, and claiming to have slain a vicious beast that was caged up. Good job man. Meanwhile at the methlab everyone is getting blown up and polluting the air with deadly chemicals. Got that dispensary though, that was hurting people.

9. Yup and they're the first and only people yet in the state to do so... if it's been happening elsewhere it hasn't been discovered and nobody has been prosecuted for it.

10. dude. word.

11. The majority of dispensaries in California operate with legit business licenses and (most) in full compliance with Prop 215/SB 420. Some even tax themselves just to give the state some of the money they are raking in with the thriving MJ market in Cali. In some dispensaries you can't say your "buying" weed you are "donating" for the time it took to produce the weed. Kinda like you can't say bong in a head shop or bomb in an airport :D

-Wiz

12. ya i got the card in addition to my letter and the next dispensary that will accept the card will be the first one, they just wanna see the letter, and your drivers license so card real or fake does not have that much value

13. That's what I thought, and my point exactly. Why bust a dispensary that pays back to the state rather than a methlab when there's plenty of both. Wouldn't a true member of the judicial branch of the government (charged with carrying out the will of the people) want to choose to shut down the one that's paying 0 dollars to the state and is causing harm to everyone.

I think the public should be outraged about things like that. Doing shady business isn't right, for a lot of reasons. It continues that stigma that weed is bad and will kill you dead in just one puff. That may eventually make it harder for the MMJ program to succeed in other states or get taken off as a class 1 narcotic, but honestly, where are your tax dollars going? So the DEA/Feds can shoot fish in a bucket? Not just regular fish, but fish that were offering themselves as dinner because they saw you were hungry?

I don't mean to go on a rant, but I don't see why busting a dispensary should be on anyones priority list.

14. @Dresden

I know this is an old post, but wish there was a love button just for your little rant here!