Fake Mars Hydro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FiferNoob, Feb 8, 2017.

1. hi troops just a wee heads up. dont buy anything from growgenius.co.uk
    just sold me a fake mars hydro LED. turned up with no branding, no serial number, no true wattage on the back and the wrong measurements. casing looks very similar like it couldve been a slightly different model but mars have confirmed for me that its not theres. ive emailed the company that sold me it so just a waiting game now to see how i get on. wish me luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Best of luck. It's too bad scummy people have to go and do crap like this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear mate.

Can you link me to the item you bought?

@smokesara

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yeah sorry to hear this,as I just purchased a marshydro 300w it will be here today mine said it's actual draw is 132w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Check out my first auto growHTTPS://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/first-auto-grow.57486/

• Like Like x 2
  5. thankfully i got one from amazon aswell wich has been authenticated for me. just heard back from the company. changing their story every message and now claiming that the lights come from the factory that make them for mars hydro with permission to brand them as their own. after previously saying"but you wouldnt believe me if i told you"
    "sounds like bullshit to me mate ill be in touch"

6. dont know how to do that im afraid. was from growgenius.co.uk though.

7. Yikes! That's pretty crappy! Hope you get it all resolved

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It doesn't look like it to me. Mine, while a different model (and green) looks pretty much identical

• Like Like x 1
  9. that ones real mate. i got one delivered from amazon that looked like that. theres 2 in my pics up there. the branded one is real. the unbranded is not.

• Like Like x 3
  10. someone told me when i first joined this site for advice that if it doesnt have the true wattage one the back then dont trust it. turned out to be very wise words :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. #13 smokesara, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Hi FN
    I confirmed the unbranded light with our tech, and he make sure it is not our light. The growgenius.co.uk is our distributor. That is other company's light, he might sold you other light and tell you that is our light, we will contact with growgenius.co.uk, if he still sold other light to our customer and said that is our light we will terminate the partnership with him.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Yes, the Mars 300 true watts is about 130w.

13. No. your light that you purchase is our light, when you have problem you can contact us on here on on AFN( I saw your link that you also on AFN, we also have on AFN)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi FN
    Sorry about that, I always be here, when you have problem feel free to contact me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I don't know why someone would fake a MarsHydro light... they're already cheap as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you bought it with Visa you should claim a refund if it was bought online. Good luck mate. So annoying to be ripped off.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. FN
    Sorry to hear of your experience.
    I would be so disappointed if that happened to me.

Looks like smokesara is doing the right thing . Props to ss + mars.

I am going to email growgenius.co.uk on your behalf, tell them I read of your difficulty on a popular online growers forum, and boycott them until a favorable resolution is posted here, in public.

If a few (hundred) of your friends here took a second to cut a quick email to
    growgenius.co.uk expressing their horror, absolute distrust, and intention to avoid them at all costs, perhaps they would prioritize your case.

If they value customer relationships, they should upgrade you to a better product in good will, and make nice here for everyone to read.

Best of luck.
    Peace
    mg

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. WELL F*#%+'< said!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Check out my first auto growHTTPS://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/first-auto-grow.57486/

• Like Like x 1