Fake Illadelph, still rips

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by AMX-002, Jun 21, 2013.

1. I know my bong is chinese glass most likely. The label is fading and is just wrong comparing to real illa's but that does not matter to me at all. The bong hits like a champ even though it is a knock off and i dont mind telling people its fake because it kicks their ass either way. I have been in too many situations where my piece has caused giant coughing fits. The alex k i have with it is great but even before using the stock downstem it still was a champ. What are your opinions/experiences with fake glass? In my experience you can get really lucky or just get scammed.

2. #2 SwichOne, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Fake glass is annoying......
    I have purchased a few fake pieces in the beginning of my glass buying career.....due to being a noob...
    one example was a fake JOP slide....and another was a fake pure bong which I still have and it sucks...its soooo draggy.....
    But now I make sure it is real and go to extra steps like checking if a particular store is indeed listed as a legit supplier by whichever glass company or blower makes the glass I am interested in....whoever is involved in these fake bongs imo should be shamed and are NOT what I would call an artist....they are in it for all the wrong reasons....

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree 100% with this. Fake stuff makes me beyond angry! It undercuts the real companies who are full of real artists that make a quality product, and it fools the un-suspecting and un-seasoned smokers into thinking they got a great deal on a name brand piece. I also can't stand stores that sell these pieces knowing that they are fakes!! They are just as bad; head shops that do it for the money suck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ya fake headshops an blowers are just fucking crooked.

5. I'd rather have no label than a fake label piece.  If you put a lambo emblem on a kia forte, it's still a kia forte, but now you look like an idiot who put a lambo emblem on a kia forte.  

Sure counterfeit pieces still hit, much like counterfeit limited edition nike's will cover your feet, or a fake rolex will tell the time but owners of such goods either look like they got scammed and don't know better, or just want to be "flossin" but really can't afford it.  Either way, not a good look IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I mean if it hits it hits.  I bet you got it for pretty cheap compared to a real illadelph too.  On the other hand I bought a fake zob and almost flipped a bitch.  I threw it away it sucked so much.  Never again, never.

7. I was pretty sure only the company who makes these actually sells these to the public, no one else. When I was looking into them that was the case, I mean at 1500 not much room for anyone else to come in on it. 

8. I agree 100% with this. Fake stuff makes me beyond angry! It undercuts the real companies who are full of real artists that make a quality product, and it fools the un-suspecting and un-seasoned smokers into thinking they got a great deal on a name brand piece. I also can't stand stores that sell these pieces knowing that they are fakes!! They are just as bad; head shops that do it for the money suck.
    </blockquote>im with you guys but im not making very much money right now at this point In my life I respect glass artists a lot I go to my local shop just to look :(

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. With the Alex k there is no drag so I am happy for now

• Like Like x 1
  10. I appreciate the insight man I would have gotten a no label piece if I could unfortunately I got it from a good friend