Fake ass Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dickie4:20, May 7, 2009.

1. #1 Dickie4:20, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    How can some on the left think national healthcare and other progressive issues are a joke?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKP05AyfRsI"]YouTube - Protester Delays Senate Committee Opening[/ame]

I think we need to kick Max Baucus and others in the Democratic party out, and put true progressive democrats in or a progressive agenda will not happen.

There isnt a dimes difference between Republicans and Democrats.
    People like Jane Harman and Max Baucus should just have a (R) next to there name. Whats the difference?

Sen. Baucus is a joke. Is he gonna respond to 100 e-mails or $300,000? You know the answer. Thats why we gotta kick these fake ass Democrats out. They are not our representatives, they belong to corporate America.

Imagine if we had a progressive democratic house and senate.

I guess one can dream.

2. Because the agenda is oppressive, not progressive, when you allow lobbyists and special interests groups in, how does it not all go bad? Obama serves at the 'pleasure', again I say pleasure of these groups, they want them greenbacks, they don't give a fuck about you or the american people.

3. didnt obama say that lobbyisits,,, would have nothing to say to his administration?

....or was that one of his false changes?

and DICKIE.. if you want real change,,,

VOTE LIBETARIAN.. and hope that they aint corrupt,,,

..national health care,,,,wheres that a right ?

..maybe we should have national car insurance also?:cool:

4. What makes you think that you guys are in ANY position for a federally financed medical program fiscally?

5. lol @ salvial's comment, and LAWL at chicken's sig, thats hilarious

6. Yes there is a massive and serious health care issue, but it's not one that will be solved simply with increased government spending.

I think some sort of system where the government wakes you up and makes you exercise while you're being monitored through a 2-way television would be a good policy though. :rolleyes:

7. Quit bringing up relevant causes for concern you silly Canuck.

8. #8 Kallas, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009

In my country :D might need to wait on a waiting list for a lil while but at least when your sick you can be admitted to hospital for just being a citizen.
    No one asking for money for things its all free.

Its quite sad that a small country with 4 million ppl has a free health care system(except for dental) where you are covered weather you are super rich or if you are a homeless bum on the streets.
    rather sad that america would rather spend money on overseas wars then helping there own country out.

America could learn alot from NZ

9. #9 Dickie4:20, May 7, 2009
    I believe no American should be denied healthcare, especially in a country like this.

There are real progressive democrats out there. But without sucking up to the corporate whores, its tough to be heard.

10. You know the biggest corporations would really hate it if they were granted monopoly privileges by a state health care system. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you want a health care system tell Obama to tone his shit down. He just killed nearly 100 Afghan civilians this week, and he's supposed to be fighting terrorism? God damn hypocrite Democrats, you want to be just like the NeoCon Republicans or something?

11. They should'nt be denied a car either,,f--k n lib's. Tell me what states are financially better than other states? I mean come on,get off ur ass and do it your self. I myself have never really had much in life and i sure as fuck dont want it from somebody who has more than me.

12. #12 Sam_Spade, May 7, 2009
    Dixiecrats.

That might be before your time, though.

In Canada, we have Red Tories... err... "had" rather. Now we have to wait and see what's going to happen with the Liberals now that Iggy is in power. I just wish he had more of a spine. I'd love to ramble on about it, but I'm pretty sure I'm putting you all out of your element.

13. If an existing company already has the tools in place to do a job most effectively, shouldn't that be the logical choice for the job if it comes to that?

And I'm not sure what link you're trying to make with the war/healthcare statement. Accidental deaths in war aren't related to war spending, which isn't related to health care systems. Military spending and size has been blatantly stated that it will be cut in the future, for now there's work to be done fixing Bush's fuckups though.

Things are a little more complicated than "big company - obama bash - random unrelated criticism - reference to failed policies of the past." Replacing all those items with the topic of your choice, of course. ;)

14. Speaking of "fake-ass democrats," I can't wait to see when Specter is going to get his act together.

15. I am pretty sure it is related. If he is worried about progressive Democrats maybe he should worry about his own President first and see where he is spending the money that we don't have. Where in the world has it been blatantly stated that Military spending and size will be cut? If you spend more on guns then you can't always deliver the butter.

16. Its not nationalizing health care nor anything else that I'm against. Its that i don't trust our government nor our politicians to run a lemonade stand, they are totally incompetent and self indulgent.

Seriously, knowing what we know about our politicians, would any of you hire anyone of them to run a business for you?

17. as an american, it definitely could.

18. Things are always more complicated! Those people who believe differently than you are way too stupid to see how complicated it is! I can't believe how stupid they are!

The problem is that the references to failed policies of the past are the SAME MOTHER FUCKING POLICIES THAT OBAMA HAS TODAY. THEY ARE POLICIES OF THE PRESENT AND OF THE PAST.

The government, not republicans, not democrats, but the government, constantly acts in a manner that is against your will. I guess you fail to realize that your fucking fabled progressives are also the ones that enacted the prohibition of alcohol?

19. Alright, so you're an Anarchist, glad we got that out of the way early on. Yeah, governments make mistakes, I'm not gonna sit here and argue that the Prohibition was justified :)

However, Obama and more importantly, his choices as cabinet members reflect a huge difference in the way of thinking. He's hired advisors to the main subjects that believe pretty much the exact opposite policy-wise than the Republican cabinet choices have been in the past. I'd say it takes a while to get the ball rolling for positive change, but it's definitely been started.

20. It's a campaign promise, and it was a campaign promise that was made to a big enough percentage of his constituency that it's definitely one he'll set in motion, or the American people will be jaded with the Democratic party and not vote for them next election. He has to follow through, or at least set it in motion. Not to mention he's hired cabinet advisors who say all the same things and agree, instead of the very divided war advisors Bush had yelling at him about the Iraq war. I do believe we're being set in the motion, if by just a policy change, that will lead towards us maintaining less of an abroad presence military-wise.