Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fair price or not? 1/2 oz JuicyFruit------Ended up getting screwed....Big Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by iggy0075, Jun 28, 2013.

1. #1 iggy0075, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    So my bro has some juicy fruit---and it is legit from Ca. He said he can get me a 1/2oz for $220-ish. I'm in Pa outside of Philly also.

Never really bought high quality before so no idea if its a good price or not.

Thanks

2. cali price or mmj state---too high---philly still too high but people will buy it

3. You can't find any in Philly for less?

4. Around here that's a little steep, but acceptable.  I've seen half o's go for higher.   Average price around here for grade A:

$20/g, $60/8th, $110/quad, $200/half, $350 O

5. $220 is on the high end for a half. It better be some top shelf sh!t for $220. $180-200 would be more reasonable.

6. I'm not in PA, but NJ's pretty close and I get $60 eighths/$120 quarters/$220 halves. $180 would be better, but if it's as good as the stuff I pay $220 for it's worth every penny. People have to remember we're in one of the worst areas price wise in the country. If you want well grown high quality bud and you're not buying qp's or more, good luck getting an ounce for less than $300. That's if you can even find the guy with $300 ounces to begin with. I mean don't get me wrong some of the guys moving multiple pounds have ounces for $275, I'm sure there's ounces for $250 if you really luck out, but for the most part you'd be looking at $350+. The premium stuff comes from Cali/Colo and other places, it's all imported. More and more is starting to be grown here, but it's mostly imported stuff. Not to mention a lot of dealers here will buy qp's+, getting ounces for $250-$275 and turn around and get rid of them for $380+ just because they know people will pay for it if it'a high quality. That's the thing, there's a lot of bullshit out here so when people have the truely dank herb it's expensive. I think it all comes down to who you know.

7. Southwest ohio and i can get good bud for 150-170 a half, 190 is the most ive ever payed. Oz's go from 280-340 it all depends on who your going to. In the city is a different story ive payed 60 for an 8th and a dude i know was flipping ounces he was buying for 380. How, i have absolutely no idea.

8. These are your average east coast prices for dank:

$20/g

$60/8th

$100/Q

$190-200/Half

$350-400/Oz

See if you can get a half for 190 to 200, but I wouldn't buy for more than 200

9. Great stuff thanks. Not getting the Juicyfruit anymore. Getting half o of blue dream for under $200. I'll let ya know what happens later today. All I know is that I can't wait to smoke that shit!!!

10. thats pretty pricy.  MI is a mmj state and I get it for like $125 1/2

11. 180-200 is what a half O goes for around here

12. 220 is pretty steep for a half o

13. Thats crazy dude i get a 1/2 oz for $130 of some priiiime kush.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 stonerbillnj, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    yeah I'm in north eastern New Jersey on the border of New York can't get a zip for less than 340 here. On ocassion I'll see some go for 300 absolute lowest. BS kids selling pot

15. Well that didn't work out, pretty fucked up what happened.     The connection for the weed was through my brother.   Anyway I pick him up and we drive out to where he's gonna meet this guy who's number he got from a friend (This friend and this dealer are supposidly tight).   Went to the overbrook train station (for those who know philly) and waited for about 10 minutes for the guy to call. 

My brother had my phone and walked out of the car with my $200, trying to find this guy to make the deal.   I see him get into a car and the car pulls out of the parking lot and down the street.

Few minutes later my brother comes rushing back looking scared as shit, I knew right then we got fucked.  In my mind I kept saying there goes my money and fucking phone.  (Lucky not the phone)

Turns out he got in the front seat and the guy asked to see the money, and he showed him the weed.  Next thing a guy pops out from under a blanket in the back seat puts a knife to his throat and demands the money or he's slit his throat.  He tried to get out of the car but the guy kept the lock button down (I wasn't there so no clue how fast it was going so I doubt very fast if moving at all).        

So they got the money tried for the phone, thank god he didn't get that somehow.   My brothers throat was all cut up, mutliple cuts-looked like cat scratches so phyically he was fine, just really really shook up.

He felt so bad, gave me all the cash he had ($40) and promised to pay the rest back and I truly belive him. 

Strange thing is I'm not pissed about my $200 being stolen, all in all I'm just glad he is alright and I have my phone.    But shit, could've been so much worse.   Def never dealing with guys who I don't know a clue about again.

So looks like I'm smoking some mids a still have (5-6 grams), thank god I'm not dry.   

And that's the end of the rant, holy fuck haha

16. Jeez man. That's shitty. Atleast your brother's okay right? That's worth way more than any money can ever be. Atleast you're not dry! :hello:

17. damn bo, gives me something to look out for next time... now ill be cautious of whats in the back seat...

18. If you live in a non mmj state, then thats the going price. Paranoia costs money.

Ya man he's fine, just very shaken up right after, thanks for asking.  And ya you can't put a price on someone's life!!!  Now finally getting ready to pack my mini bub, busy night haha.   

This is the first time since high school (26 now started smoking again after 8 yr aviation related required break) that I went to meet a random dealer for weed (Of course my bro had the connect and went to actually meet him as we all know) and even then I never had a situation like this.   My reg guy will come to the business park I work in haha.

How often have you gotten into someones car to buy that you've never met before?  Not comparing or anything, just curious.   Highly doubt I will now lol