Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fainting after smoking weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SchoolboyQ, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Definately low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Either one can do this and is quite common. Also it could have been the tobacco also.

2. This is a trip the exact same thing happened to me on Saturday ever detail. There was 3 heads to the blunt and after we finished it we were laughing and just talking about random things then out of no where I got the head rush and I said I needed to sit down and leaned on the car then everything went black and I hit the sidewalk curb with my face. Now I have a nasty scrape on my face and half a missing eyebrow lol. I passed out cause I didn't eat the whole day tho maybe that was your problem too?

3. I'm guessing you were malnourished, or very dehydrated? It's extremely easy to be either one of those things without even noticing and then add the high onto your brain and idk. Kapow. Your done. Glad your alright tho

4. i have fainted once and after that i figured it out so when you smoke alot you are most likely to faint. in order to avoid it when you feel bad you have to start breathing deeply right away and you will be okay after 20 seconds or more breathing deeply. also eat some chocolate or sth sweet after that and there is nth to worry about

5. This happened to me last year, almost fell down a flight of stairs head first. It was most likely your blood pressure.. add dehydration, an empty stomach and weed to that, you're definitely gonna hit the ground at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I'm 61 and just started smoking again, I'm smoked everyday in the 60s and 70s stopped in in my 20s, I'm a stage 4 cancer survivor , 9 years out of treatment, I'm not going crazy just doing one hit bongs, one maybe two and I'm fine. So yesterday Sunday I get up sit on the couch have one hit and get up and walk about 10 feet, I'm getting dizzy needles and pins head to toe, now I'm bouncing because my knees are going, my breathing is not right and I cant move I'm just standing in the hall trying not to pass out, as it started to slow down I could think and start to move again. I went back to the couch drank some water and took it easy till I felt like I could stand again. I ate something felt a little better but felt like crap all day and today I'm feeling a little better, What I have read so far is that the pot lowers your blood pressure and when you stand up your not getting enough oxygen to your brain and that's what's causes this, I did take my blood pressure when I sat back down on the couch and it was normal and mine has been running a little high lately, I do take lo dose meds for BP. I hear that some people that grow shock the pot with some kind of chemicals and it speeds up the growing proses, I never have heard what they are and what effect they might have on us. Any serious input on this would be appreciated.

7. just looked this up because I was smoking a bowl in my room then held in my last hit while walking over to my bed and woke up on the floor next to my nightstand hahah

8. I have similar experiences and am anemic. Every time I hit a blunt(s) too much or a vape pen I tend to get very light headed while sitting up that my vision starts to go away and if it’s too far along my body tries to give away too, so I’m passing out basically while making a mad dash to my room, and as soon as I lay down, I swear a minute later my vision comes back and I feel totally fine. I don’t know if it was my blood pressure or iron level but I try to take vitamins every day to prevent it from happening or else my fingers get tingly and numb as well when my iron is low. Maybe try to lay down when you feel light headed to alleviate you’re body ateempting to shut down! ✌️

9. Happened to me, don't smoke too much don't drink alcohol BEFORE. Drink water and have something to eat before smoking you'll be fine next time.

10. Once I met my younger sister. She hand's blazed in a while, perhaps a year, and we met in a park where I was blazing with my friends. Lots of joints were going around, strong shit, bud and hash. She just fainted, blacked out, just fell down. Till this day I feel so guilty.

11. Lol who bumped the 5 year old thread about greening out... It's not hard to not green out lmao, just make sure you've ate & aren't dehydrated... I've greened out once in 10 years of smoking & that was because I haven't ate & was dehydrated from drinking the night before.

12. It's the combination of cigarettes and weed. The symptoms you are feeling are from rapid blood pressure loss. Just make sure you wait a while after smoking weed to have a cigarette or vice versa. I did the same thing enough times now to realize cigarettes are the contributing factor, for me.
    Other people may react adversely to just weed alone and have a significant enough blood pressure drop to feel symptoms.

The worst times, for me, have been after a long period of time without either cigarettes or weed and I'd get a much more significant initial buzz. One time I puked my dinner everywhere on the table and fell out of my chair head first onto the floor. Right after I had a smoke. I was fed but I hadn't had a joint all weekend.

The other times were after a full day of classes, one of my pot smoking friends always gave me cigarettes (wasn't a regular smoker then) and two or three times I could barely stand on the subway train home, all grey in face and feeling like I was going to pass out and puke.

I however have fairly low blood pressure and a resting heart rate that is in the 40s. Happens to me regardless of being super fit or letting myself go, young or old. Happened to me when I was in high school, passed out and fell over a deck rail, landed on my feel miraculously and converted all that force in to my core and produced a spectacular projectile vomit.

13. Again this post is 5 years old..

I smoke cigarettes daily after smoking weed & I don't have this problem.