Failing class, advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by xsouthparkx, Jul 27, 2010.

1. #1 xsouthparkx, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
    I'm failing a class due to medical reasons. But the problem is this.

I've already petitioned twice due to medical problems so this will be my third time. If I do petition again what will happen? Anything bad?
    Is it possible to retake the class and replace the grade?

So my options are:
    1. Take the D or F grade and retake the class when I go back to school to get a better grade.
    2. Or petition for the third time to remove the grade.

The class is English 102.

EDIT:
    It's a college course.

2. if this is high school, I say its just one class. Luckily your not like me who failed all his classes and has to retake senior year... But if its just one class, just take it during the summer

3. It's college :(

4. Go speak to an academic counselor or the dean of the department and explain the situation. If it's a medical issue and you have the proper documentation from your doctor it should not be an issue to allow you to retake the class next semester

5. You should be able to withdraw from the class. But if you do that you have to take it again and pass if you want to remove a withdrawal from your record. Ive had several withdrawals on my record though and it hasnt bit me in the ass though so idk.

6. What medical issue do you have

7. Petition and retake the class. If the petition is denied, just retake the class for a better grade. If your worried about it fucking up your GPA, its not going to do much if you pass all your other classes. I have retaken 2 courses for a better grade and my GPA is still above a 3.0.