Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Failing a drug test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by corissalk, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Hey guys, quick question here, I just got offered job working as a receptionist job at a hospital I have always dreamed at working at. I am so excited but am now worried I won't pass the drug test.. I have not smoked in over 30 days, and I know it is different for everyone, anyways I took an at home drug test and did not pass that. My drug test is on Monday so I have five more days to detox and might even end up using one of my friends clean piss to help me pass if i'm not being watched while I take the urine test. My question is though, does anyone know if I could reapply to the same hospital in a few years if I end up failing it somehow? The school I am going to uses this hospital for clinics and I really don't want to fuck up my chances. Would it be a good idea for me to respectfully decline the job and try to reapply in a few months when I know I can pass the test? Or if I fail can I ever apply to this hospital again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated but only if you actually know what you are talking about and not just guessing, my whole future seems to be on the line right now..
    Thanks for your time,
    Corissa

2. You need to give more information for a decent answer. 35 days is usually enough for most to pass.

Heavy smoker before?
    Weight/height
    Metabolism high or low?
    Exercise high/low/none

Reason those things matter is drug tests for metabolites of THC not the actual drug. Fat holds those metabolites and a if you are overweight and don't exercise them 35 days might not be enough.

In the meantime drink lots of water and at the very least walk as much as possible.

3. Oh and home tests are inaccurate sometimes. Usually the other way though.

4. if i smoked about two grams over the course of 3 days. appoximatly how long would it take to leave my system or fall bellow a detectable amount i weigh 130lbs 5foot 5 run a mile or mile and a half everyday if not everyother day i dont know about my metablism body fat percentage is about 12 i have been clean 33 days

5. Not sure. Just don't smoke if you need to be clean. If you know a date you have to be clean for, stop at least a month before, it'll give you time to get clean

6. I was a very heavy smoker before September first I would smoke like 6 bongs a day. I am 115 pounds and 5-1' tall. I am 21 and had hip surgery less then a year ago so it has been difficult for me to exercise lately. I used to be very active, swim team, snowboard, take my husky rollerblading, but cannot do that anymore. I was a heavy smoker because of my hip pain and spent the month of August in Colorado to get medical usage. I thought my metabolism was decent because I can eat food without putting on the weight. Will going in a sauna help? I have been drinking as much water as I can on top of a 3 liters of cranberry juice a day, also doing what I can at the gym and eating healthy non fat foods. Do you have any tips for me?? Thanks for your time!
    Corissa

7. Some clinics used to go back 90 days

8. As stated above you can test positive much longer than average. I doubt 5 days will make a huge difference. If you can get a delay then try that. Most places will understand if you need to go out of town and give you a couple more weeks. If they won't go along with that I would get some synthetic urine or some real urine from a friend (keep warm using those hand warmers in your bra or underwear.) real urine is best as long as it is 90-105 degrees.