Failing a Drug Test for THC in the Army

Discussion in 'General' started by Something New, Sep 15, 2010.

1. I know t his is probably a dumbass question, but can other people look up your 214 dishcarge paperwork? or would they only find out if you told them that you were int he army.

2. I was discharged for a dirty wiz quiz many many moons ago...back when an old senile actor was our president...

Due to my impressive service record, I got a HONORABLE discharge. :hello::smoking:

3. When you apply for a job you have to show them your 214

4. #24 Something New, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    Thats fucking pro man, ive been googling this shit like mad haha, and a couple other people have gotten "lucky" and gotten an honorable, and alot of the other people got general or OTH.

haha and by old senile actor do you mean Reagan?

5. Let me start by saying that I think men and women in uniform should be able to smoke while not on duty, unless they are in a combat zone where sudden action is required.

That being said, anyone joining up KNOWS it's not allowed, so I'm not sure why this thread is even relevant. There is no draft so if you choose to volunteer to serve just don't smoke, then you have no worries.

6. haha roger, that would make things alot easier i suppose.

7. What branch, and what did you do?

8. #28 abouttodeletethis, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    The one with the buds growing on it obviously...

Damn...I thought it said "What branch did you do?"

It was a bad joke anyway.

9. I don't know man I saw people who couldn't use alcohol responsibly off duty I can only imagine the retarded shit that would happen if Airman, Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines were getting high all the time. As much as I like toking I'm glad that I, or others couldn't do while we were AD.

Anyway back to the issue on hand it really depends on your chain of command. Obviously your supervisor, first sergeant, flight commander (army equiv), squadron commander (army equiv.), and probably base commander are all going to be involved in determaining what your punishment will be. The only person I saw get popped in my 4 years was a dumb trainee at basic who thought it would be wise to smoke up a day before they departed for basic. Needless to say he was gone, and separated from the AF no clue on what punishment he received. JUST DON'T DO IT.

10. ^^ Alcohol causes far more behavioral problems than cannabis so that's not a good comparison.

11. That's so fucking stupid. If you're going to serve your country by risking your life, you should get to do whatever the hell you want to an extent.

12. Also, I would not try to smoke spice, JWH-018 or any of those "legal marijuana highs"
    because all branches now check for those chemicals in their piss tests.

There really is no way around it. When I joined the AF, I knew it would mean I could not smoke for 4 years. Thats just the way it is.

13. Also since you probably haven't served I'll explain a bit more...Everything you do on or off duty affects your day to day performance, and how people outside of the military, and other countries military branches, (civilians, politicians) view the branch of US services as a whole. Think about it if you're our allies would you want to know that the people you would be trusting with your lives are nothing, but stoners probably not. I'm not saying that being a stoner is a bad thing, but a branch of our military being viewed as stoners could be bad for us as a whole. You got to think outside of the box.

AF Hooah!!!!!!!! ;)

P.S. Yeah that comparison of weed and alcohol was pretty bad I know...I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of jobs where if you make one little mistake people die. Service members are very well trained professionals who need to be able to do a task and devote their full attention to it while doing it, and not have anything impairing that.

14. My dad got caught in the navy back in the 80s and got stripped a rank. But of course Laws were a bit more leneant back then ;)

15. Just curious, what's the real world effect of a dishonorable discharge? Do normal businesses care about it if you want a job?

16. Its basically as bad as having a felony on your record. Good luck getting a job with that.

17. Damn. Fuck getting involved with the army then.

18. Can't say anything about the Army, but the Air Force was the best thing I could have ever done with my life. If I didn't join I wouldn't be in the great position I am in my life right now. Trust me man with the benifits you get from military service it makes giving up bud for 4 years completely worth it. Hell I spent 2 years living in Germany :)

19. It's not that big of a surprise. If you're a functioning, paid member of the United States Armed Forces, you will certainly be expected to adhere to its laws, and that does include random drug testing no matter which branch you are a part of. Though, I can imagine, some are probably stricter than others.

I would have actually joined myself, had I met the golden-standard for Air Force recruitment (which I did not). At this stage in my life it seems a bit late to go Army as an enlistee. As an Officer after school, perhaps...

20. #40 Nukes1337, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Yes! Airforce has the best living conditions of all the branches. They actually treat you like human beings! If you want world experience you can get stationed anywhere from Japan to Italy. You get room and board FREE. Its basically an apartment you share with a roomate, you each get your own private room and share a bathroom and kitchen. You dont have to pay for any food ever! You can eat 3 times a day at the mess hall FREE. They also pay to train you to use a skill you can use in the real world. (computers) A network analyst makes like 80k. Or they will pay for you to go to college after your service. On top of all that, you get paid a decent amount to do the work you do. You will probably take home $400 a week your first two years, and then about $550 a week for your last two years of service.

- Free apartment
    - Free food
    - Free money for college
    - Free job training and experience
    - Decent paycheck $400 a week first 2 years, $550 last 2 years.

Airforce was the best thing I have ever done in my life.
    All you have to sacrifice is 4 years no bud or drugs to put yourself in a position
    to be making 60 - 100k for the rest of your life.