Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Failed my drug test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gemini157, Aug 28, 2019.

1. I'm a bus driver, I don't do any type of hard drugs but I'm off every summer and this summer I decided to indulge in some Marijuana both eating and smoking. I consumed approx 1/2 an ounce in about 40 days and stopped on July 12th so approx 46 days ago. I'm overweight but it's been 46 days. Luckily I played it safe and purchased an over the counter test before heading to my physical and I tested positive. I've been working for this company for about 6 years and basically I just called them and told them that I acquired a new job that unfortunately required me to start right away and despite my best efforts I will not be able to provide any notice and I quit. Needless to say, Im having a very bad day. Do detox kits work? If so, which is a recommended one? The sooner I can pass my test, the sooner I can apply for a job. Luckily for me I have a perfect driving record and a fantastic work history (other then the obvious recent problem)... Anyways just looking for some advice. It was fucking stupid to smoke and I will never do it again but it is what it is for now. I otherwise haven't smoked in 20 years

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. 46 days? are you sure you failed? thats hard to believe on that little smoking. really hard smokers (and i mean daily for a year) can usually be clean in a month or so. its a common joke at my job. save up 4 weeks of vacation and take it all when you get your random. no one ever fails after a month. Not trying to argue, just are you sure you failed? and didnt smoke at all the week before the test? and still havent? because if you are testing positive still you should be RIGHT On the edge of passing. shouldn't need to detox.

3. I’m sorry

I would use someone else’s clean urine if you can.

Usually if you fall you can request a new test. Will this buy you enough time?

4. My mind was blown away when I saw that I failed. I went and bought another kit and I failed again. No point in me being dishonest, it has absolutely been 46 days. I'm a big guy, so I can only attribute it to that.. I'm 5 foot 8 350 lbs.. I'm fucking devestated... I know I can get another job with zero issue but I have to be clear first. Thanks for replying , it helps me to talk about it. Haven't told my wife yet, she's going to super concerned. I'm lost right now. Never again man

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. My mind was blown away when I saw that I failed. I went and bought another kit and I failed again. No point in me being dishonest, it has absolutely been 46 days. I'm a big guy, so I can only attribute it to that.. I'm 5 foot 8 350 lbs.. I'm fucking devestated... I know I can get another job with zero issue but I have to be clear first. Thanks for replying , it helps me to talk about it. Haven't told my wife yet, she's going to super concerned. I'm lost right now. Never again man

6. So you’ve only failed the at home tests?

7. Correct... If I failed a company test, that would be unrecoverable. So I just quit my job, they were very unhappy to see me go. I'm a hard worker with a perfect record

8. u should be clear very very soon, matter of days at most. as for the rest of it, i wouldnt in an galaxy claim to be an expert on marriage. but like you said, there are a ton of jobs out there. as far as honesty being the best policy as to why you quit...i dunno, maybe itd be better for your sanity to keep it to yourself? maybe not? But things are never as bad as they seem. like right now im sure you feel horrible, and trapped, and humiliated. If you dont...lol, dont make me saying that make you feel any of those! but yeah, things spiral out of control emotionally in your situation. try to relax and take a breath and realize that things are gonna be fine. the change might end up being a great thing. you said yourself, plenty of jobs out there and the test stress is already gone, u can relax for a few days, get tested again, see that your clean, and start working toward the next thing

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. No, you hit the nail right on the head... That's exactly how I feel, I'm a good husband and a good provider, my wife will undoubtedly be stressed about this but she's my best friend and she'll forgive me but forgiving myself??? Now that's a different story, I feel exactly as you described and I've completely let her down all for a month of what seemed like no harm fun. Thank again

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. the majority of the people on earth do one thing or another. caffeine (me), drugs (me), alcohol (me), video games (me), tv binging (also me). You shouldnt be ashamed that you indulged and relaxed a little. the system is fucked and its going to unfairly bring a few people down once in a while even if everyone is careful. just the nature of the beast. take the punch, learn from it, and move forward. lifes too short to hate yourself over something so silly. if you cheat on your wife or drop kick a puppy or something...then maybe come back and we will discuss some character repair.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maybe you could get your job back in a week or so? I’d hire you back. Give you time to get clean and they’ll be missing you.

Don’t sweat the wife. She loves you regardless. And if she loves you then you must be lovable and forgivable.

13. Just tell them things fell through and you’ve been thinking it over and that you want to stay with them.

Honestly I think 3/4 of those tests are manufactured so you will fail so you will buy more tests.

Good luck man.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. No they're not. Thats ridiculous. People fail because they're dirty. I give drug tests at work. If 75% of tests were manufactured I would have a very hard time hiring people. We use the same tests that can be bought at stores. I work out of state a lot and have actually went to stores to buy tests when I was out.

16. How many panels and what’s your chain of custody?

17. It’s just my opinion btw

18. 7 panel typically but I've used others when I was out.

There is no chain of custody. Person pees, turns around and holds the bottle or sits it on a table in front of them until the specified time while we do paper work. At the specified time time I look at results. The bottle never leaves my sight but I don't touch the bottle. I dont stare directly at their peter but can tell if someone substitutes. Substituting takes time and fumbling around, I would notice. A lot of these guys we hire back every year, many I'm friends with. I know if they do drugs or not. If they're honest with me i can overlook a fail for weed. Nobody fails but drug users. If 75% of the tests were wrong I would have a lot of unhappy people on my hands.....and my company would be getting the fk used out of them.

Sorry bud but you are completly wrong

19. Like I said it was just my opinion. No big deal.
    I don’t mind being wrong or told I’m wrong. It’s cool.
    I had no idea you had to look at piss for your job.
    Do you smoke or use marijuana? Just asking because you’re here and you let your friends slide for THC. Just your friends get by with using cannabis or everyone?
    I guess your guidance is 49cfr? I’m all 21cfr myself.

20. I dont look at piss for a job. You don't even know what I do for a living, nice try buddy. I'm a bricklayer superintendent, I have to screen new hires. I've used test ranging anywhere from 18 to 50 nanograms of THC per milliliter depending on where we get tests from. The ones supplied to us are the lower but when I pick them up on the road I dont always have a choice.

I also dont let just friends slide, I'll let any good worker slide as long as they're honest with me upfront. Theres not many of us bricklayers around I pretty much either know everyone or I know someone who knows the potential employee the majority of the time so I know what they're deal is. When I'm on the road we have call back rights on guys weve hired before so it's not very often I hire someone I know nothing about.