Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Failed making oil, 3 seperate times, flower and concentrate, magical butter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jamiequadra, Jul 21, 2019.

1. FRUSTRATED

I have tried to make concentrated oil for sublingual and edible use. Three times.

1) I tried with 1/2 oz flower. Decarbed for 40 min at 240. Toss in Infuzium 420 (like magical butter machine). Infuse into 1 c coconut oil.

2) I tried with 1/2 oz flower. Decarbed for 40 min at 240. Cold alcohol quick wash. Thee runs. Evap then render to oil.

3) Thinking I was decarbing flower wrong, I tried with concentrate. Decarbed two batches concentrate (one 2 gr, one 3 gr). Decarb in oven at 240 on silicone until bubbling stopped. Took less than 20 min. Then add 1/2 oz coconut oil and heat in double boiler for about 20 min.

I'm not getting good results at all. Maybe a little mild body high is the best I've gotten, with dosages up to 20 ml. And from what I gather i should be able to get blasted this way. I'm using dispensary product so that isn't it.

Of course the common factors are me and my decarb. What else could I be doing wrong?

HEELLPPP!!

2. Those edibles should have worked, so something is definitely wrong.
    Assuming good 15% thc herb,
    Potency = (14,000 mg Herb)*(0.15)/(237 mL) = 9 mg thc/mL
    20 mL of that should knock almost anyone out.

Here are some possible things that can go wrong:
    Bad herb
    Oven temp is way off, and decarb is bad
    Over-decarb during infusion

Your 3rd try with concentrate looks like an insufficient decarb, if it only took 20 min.
    Putting faith in bubbles, which could be any gas, and depends on good bubble judgement, is risky, and 240 F for 40 min is better than bubble watching.

3. It's either the decarb or it's you and it doesn't sound like the decarb unless your oven is way off. Even the concentrate was right. It is the bubbles and not the time it takes.

I see that you have only made oil even though you had an ethanol QWET process that you could have sampled as a tincture or you could have tried the resultant rso.

Have you made anything before? With or without your gadget? What type of edibles have you had success with in the past and have you made anything in the gadget that worked?

My first suggestion is to purchase an inexpensive oven thermometer. The next suggestion is to try some lecithin. You may be one of those that need it. :)

• Like Like x 1

4. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes (uncovered on cookie sheet in oven.
    Use a stand alone oven thermometer to be sure of your temps.

5 grams decarbed Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin ( power enhancer)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done....
    Fills 30 (0) sized capsules.
    This always works.
    It ALWAYS shut the mouth of everyone who swears they never get high off edibles.
    WARNING !! start small. If using hash or concentrates just a few drops is a good start.
    A full (0) cap holds 25 drops and I can take 4 full caps and still walk and be understood by the people around me.
    Much more then that and I stop making much sense and tend to curl in a ball and contemplate my navel.
    80mg each with Kief-Hash or better
    25mg or so with powdered buds.

I make this every few months and take it everyday for my medical issue. :)
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]
    I've been making and taking this exact oil for many years now and if I could make any it stronger per ml I would.
    Follow the recipe and keep increasing your dose until it works. It will work. Just go slow. Don't be the wiseass my neighbor was and take 10 full capsules at once. Now he is scared to death of my oil and won't touch it.

There is a very wide range of individual need when it comes to edibles but everybody gets stoned as near as I can tell. Low dose users like my wife need 2-5mg for a nice ride. I need more like 300-500 before it gets intense so you can see what works for person A isn't felt by person B at all. What works for B would hospitalize person A.

An edible useful for me is outright dangerous to a non user. I never make food as the dose is just to high and I don't need the calories anyhow.

I use dry ice kief to make my oil and it's very potent. I sit here on 4 caps just coming on and think I really didn't need 4 more on top of the 4 I had about 10 AM. OOOpppppsssss. :) Damn I'm roasted as can be and it got a ways to go by the feel. Still getting ..................

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

5. What kind of alcohol are you using? I use 190 proof everclear, then cut my oil with coconut oil. My shit turns out super strong. I'm using 151 proof everclear for the first time tonight..... I'm a little nervous..... Oh and I usually use and oz of bud and mix it with 2 cups coconut oil.