Failed drug test - lost my job

Discussion in 'General' started by JokerSmoker, Sep 29, 2008.

1. today was horrible, lost my job. I know its dumb, but this was the first really nice job I had and I was so proud of it.

I just wanted to let some folks out there know what i did. a documented case, if you will to add to the books.

I weigh about 135lbs. 5 foot 7 in. male. I drank nothing but water for 2+ months before the test. No other cleansers or anything like that, I figured my metabolism would take care of it. Wrong.

I smoked 2 joints of hydro about 1.5 months before my test and still failed. Other than that, my smoking was almost non-existent.

I applied at mcdonalds and a few other miscellaneous places around here. I don't know what else to do. This is so shitty.....I have a lot of bills coming in, actually tomorrow. man....im so down right now.

just giving some other smokers who might be in the same waters as me a heads up.

2. Ask for a retest cause after 30 days you should have been clean. Sometimes the tests fuck up.

3. #3 yungdirtybastar, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    If this was a full time job you know they cant fire you for failing a drug test the first time right? Of course, you have to go to rehab, and if you refuse then they have every right to fire you, but if you really like that job then go to an outpatient rehab, and they'll have to hire you back.

I dont know if the same goes for part time jobs though. Hope I was helpful in some way. Good luck

Edit: Also weed shouldnt have stayed in your system that long. Are you sure it's even weed you failed for? Theres alot of things that can cause false positives for other drugs. I would talk to your boss and ask him, and tell him "Look, I haven't smoked any marijuana in 2 months because I wanted to keep this job, is marijuana what showed up? If it is i demand a retest, because theres no way i should have failed the test"

Even If you did only smoke once, it should have been out of your system in a few days. Single use doesn't stay in your system for a month like if your a frequent smoker.

4. hm, this is interesting. It was at a major corporation in the US and this does give me some hope. But i'm not sure if rehab is in my plans, I was only planning on working there ( as much as humanly possible ) until I moved out to attend a university full-time to pursue geology.

still really good info though, im going to look into this.

edit: yes, Actually i did tell him that, and he still let me go. I told him that I have been clean for a really long time specifically for this job and he still said "buh bye". He told me and i quote "It can stay in your system for up to 90 days"

5. Def ask for a reset, they will not retest you but they should send the sample you gave to a lab for like a super test.

6. Oh man that sucks. I have never heard of a job drug testing before in Canada, even government jobs dont :S
    I work for a company with branches in the US, and they drug test in the US branches but not the Canadian ones.

7. probably because they know better :hello:

sorry to hear about that Joker, but life goes on. Sounds like your boss is a cunt anyway. I'm trying to get clean to get this job too and for the past two weeks they've been calling me "...think you could pass that test yet?" and I've been working out and hydrating like some shit and I keep failing home tests. It's frustrating, but I'm gonna have to say your mistake was smoking those J's. If you want something, you gotta want it.

life goes on.