Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Failed at using a bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnywilks, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Alright so ive been smoking around 6 months. Ive only used a bong once ( first time).

Just went halfs for a bong with a mate, so now im probaly going to be using the bong everytime .

Its like this one but it has a small metal cone piece and blue metal stem.

[​IMG]

I FAILED at using it, i dribbled in it, couldnt clear it, tryed to milk it by exhaling out my nose and that failed.

I put my mouth on it , inhaled slowly and lit ( while covering small hole).
    Kept lighting till i almost couldnt anymore than let go of the hole and inhaled, but it wouldnt clear.

Any tips using a small bong like this with a hole ?

Also how much water do i put in it ? We filled that bottom bit halfway?

2. Don't worry about it. Everyone takes a little while to figure out bongs. I remember coughing into it at a party once or twice when I was a noob. Not a big deal.

If by the "botttom part" you mean you filled the round bit halfway, I think it could probably use a bi more water. Try uncovering the carb at 75% lung capacity, you get more time to inhale that way.

3. Uhhh is it metal lol? Or Acrylic? Idk put water so the stem is covered a lip by water. Drooling in the bong happens. I used to do that idk why I don't anymore. You'll get used to it I'm sure. And the clearing I have no idea. If there's a carb jus let go of that. If not u gotta make sure the bowl doesnt clog

4. You also dont need to worry about milking it up 100% before you clear it. I dont understand why people think that is such a necessity all the time.

And dont worry about drooling in the bong, long as your buddy doesnt mind.

5. #5 alwaysdown, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    man if you cant use that thing properly then you need some practice.....my bong looks exactly like this
    [​IMG]
    (except mines all green)

its almost 2 ft tall with 2 percolators, and i can completely milk it and clear it 3 or 4 times in 1 hit.

1. why the hell does your bong have a carb :p i havent used a carb in years, when im redy to clear it i just pull the bowl off

2. when you put the stem in, fill the water up so its an inch-2 inches above the bottom of the stem, giving your weed proper water filtration

3. i actually salivate alot when i think of good weed, so when i smoke i dribble a little too...to control it, just dont hold the bong straight down, hold it at a 45 degree angle or higher, to stop drool from coming out of yo mouth

4. when i light my bowl, i only hold the lighter there for 2 or 3 seconds, (but sometimes ill relight it again on the same hit, but i take pretty large hits)

5. find out the max capacity of your lungs, theres some small tests you could do at home with some materials, mine is 5500 ml, that will tell you if its just your lungs

6. to use your bong, id put the bowl and stem in, put some decent weed in the bowl, while holding the carb, light for 1-3 seconds, inhale until you can tell your throat has ALMOST had enough (this takes practice), then let go of the carb and get some air whilst clearing the chamber (which will also help the smoke get all the way down to your lungs) instead of sitting in your larynx... hold in smoke for 2-4 seconds (5 or 6 at most, by then most all the thc is gone) exhale, drink some water if you need to

7. put some ice in the bong if you can, mine has an ice catcher, but if yours doesnt, just carefully drop it in, having cold water makes the smoke much cooler and smoother, leading to wayyy bigger hits

6. The stem doesnt come out of the bong , well i dont think it does. It has a black rubber seal on it.

We put the water just a tiny bit over the top of the stem.

The cone piece is very small, should i be burning all the weed in one go ?

Because my mates were passing it to like 3 people and the 2-3 person got pretty much no smoke

7. You need a good half inch or more of water over the bottom of the downstem. And only pack 1 hitters. It tastes better, nobody gets super ripped while the other person is sitting there pissed off n it makes it fair for everyone if there's that one guy with the vaccuum lungs that rips it all in one hit before it gets to you

8. If the hole for the bowl isn't massive I'd advise to load individual snaps for everyone. The bongs already pretty low quality making a big bowl will almost Aleah make the last half taste like shit IMO. But jus make sure the stem is being covered by water so ur actually water filtrating it. And then let go of the car after u suck the snap through.. U shouldn't have a problem clearing it.. If the carb is tiny u might be able to sand it or something to make it bigger to clear your hit faster(if it's acrylic)

9. Lol your pictured bong has a carb in it and ur tagging about that guy having one.. And I really doubt u can milk a two foo bong three times in one hit. I got a two foot double perk and I can milk it one n a half times max and barely clear it like that hahaha

10. Depending on your lung capacity/throat sensitivity you may or may not be able to get a full milk before you clear it. It'll take some practice but eventually you'll find the right sized hit. One big downside to water pipes like yours (your doesn't have a diffused downstem, percolators, etc) is it doesn't allow for an even plume of smoke. That means even if you get a full milk, the top half may be fairly light while the bottom is really dense, making for a pretty rough hit if you aren't ready. I remember my first water pipe was pretty tricky to get a good rip on. It was pretty similar to yours, just a slimmer tube and a shorter and fatter base. The first few seconds of pulling produced a thin plume of smoke but as the cherry spread it became a really thick hit.

Sorry about the ramble. I be stoned.

11. #11 scottytokepotty, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    You really don't have to milk it, it isn't absolutely necessary. You'll still smoke either way. The trick is to exhale beforehand, then inhale slowly and steadily. You'll taste the smoke once it reaches you. Once it does, unplug the carb or pull off the bowl, unless you can and want to inhale more than the bong's capacity before clearing it.

12. Start practicing with tobacco

13. Yeah, don't do this.

:p

14. Maybe too much water? Water level should be just above the bottom of the downstem.

15. Too much water = drag.

Too much drag = decreased lung capacity.

gonemad is smart

16. Practice....I hang out wit college kids so I fought onto gongs pretty quickly. It just takes some practice...ice helps a lot and I could feel it the first time I used ice.

17. Put enough water so that the downtube is under the water about a half inch or even less, you don't wanna be drinking that shit when you clear it yknow.

Pack a snap (small bowl you clear in one hit) and just practice. Torch the bowl while inhaling slow but firm, wait for the smoke to gather in the bottom and come up the tube, then when it gets to your mouth either carb it or pull the bowl out.

It ain't rocket science but it's not like taking candy from a baby either.

18. The drooling is from facing directly down into the bong. Tilt it a little bit. Take some deep breaths first. Then light the lighter, and place it about an inch away from the side of the bowl, tilted towards the bowl. Put your lips to the bong, cover the carb, and inhale. The bud should light if the lighter is close enough. Don't do it directly over the bowl and torch it all though. Just a relaxed deep breath. If your piece is clear and you can see the smoke, stop right when the smoke touches your lips. Remove the bong from your lips while covering it with your hand to keep the smoke in, and breathe out. You will be able to do this through your nose with practice. Then, uncover the carb/remove the bowl. Take a quick deep breath in clearing all the smoke.

Here's a vid if that was confusing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcEz91ejIY&feature=fvst]YouTube - How I take a big hit - Milking the Phire 12 Stem Perc Bong[/ame]

19. Clear your lungs, light the lighter and hold it close to the bowl. Start sucking in, you should see smoke go into the tube. The more you suck the more smoke goes in the tube and the harder it is to clear

I would reccomend inhaling for only a second or two untill you get the hand of it

After you have enough smoke in the tube and you're at like 75% lung capacity, let your finger off the carb, or if there isn't a carb pull the downstem out or take the bowl out and inhale sharply, the rest of the smoke should shoot into your lungs.

That's how you take a hit off a bong

20. personally i would only pack a tiny bong load at first less smoke to clear and all that , make the whole thing simpler at first