Fahrenheit 9/11, what do you guys think

Discussion in 'General' started by seekup, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ill tell him tomorrow at lunch

2. I believe him. Have you ever read any of his books? He has a crazy amount of references to support all of his facts.

I'm seeing it tomorrow with my buddy and were gonna pop some shrooms before it. Should be good, it will definetly get me thinking.

3. Moore calls his stuff documentaries, but he stages scenes such as the bank giving away guns to members scene from BFC. I'd say that's a little false for a 'documentary' and supposedly the bank's policies are pretty different from what he makes it seem. As for F911 I havn't seen it yet, but I'd like to.

4. I thought it was excellent. Go see it.

5. From what I heard, it's a lack of supply. They couldn't print enough copies of the film to distribute it to all the theaters that wanted it. There's 800 theaters getting it in the first run, but there will be a second release of it in a couple of weeks to fill in the rest.

6. it says on the dvd case for bowling for columbine that it's screamingly funny. It's a good film, but i only really chuckled did i miss a huge section of the film or something?

7. Everybody should see this film.
    If you come away from this film thinking
    our "President" is anything but a
    complete and utter moron, well you
    have issues.

It's a really eye opening film. Shows
    you the corruption and incompetence of
    the Bush administration.

8. I tried to watch it twice, both times it was sold out, I gave up. When is it coming out on DVD?

9. Probably before the Election.

10. So was the bank scene in Bowling for Columbine staged?

11. I've seen a lot of conflicting reports about the bank scene. when it comes down to it all these folks are calling him a liar but their evidence isn't any better than Moore's. Not to mention that half these people he features in his films could sue for libel if he actually was lying.

12. i saw F 9/11.

thought it was powerful and moving.

by far, the shot that stuck with me was the public execution. man, no matter how much blueberry i smoke, i cannot ever forget that shot.

there are no lies in the movie, certainly he is too careful and big of an artist to do that. there are half truths and 'colorful' reading of the truth. but frankly im ok with that. everyone has a point of view.

but what makes it such a powerful storyline is the lady during the film that went from 'do it cuz u cant get a job anyhow and the gov is always good and pure' to 'why, u son-of-a-bitch would u send my baby into a fuzzy war whilst none of the rich kids are dying for ur $$$ and oil'

and that lady that tells the grieving mother that she is a lier is truely a brilliant contrast to the before vs after woman. that shot of her crying in front of the whitehouse just after the lady calling her a lier is absolutely heartwrenching. the aggressive lady is her with the one exception of an alive son... uggg!

13. F 9/11 is NOT a documentary even though it's being masqueraded as one. 90% of the movie is complete propaganda bullshit.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20040702.html (Check out some other links on that page)

Here is a quote from Moore, "Every fact in the film [Bowling for Columbine] is true. Absolutely every fact in the film is true. And anybody who says otherwise is committing an act of libel". He has made similar statements for all his work. The funny thing is that a lot of his work is libel.

I'm glad I snuck into this film, I'm not willing to fund this disgraceful prick.

14. preach. fat ass michael moore is annoying with his twisting of the facts he pulls off

15. LOL michal moores opening was bigger and hairier than everyone expected

honestly, i think it is liberal propaganda bull SHI*T thats all it is, the deomcrats would have done NOTHIN about 911, NOTHING they would have sat around, calling it a horrible disaster, which it was, but would have just cried about it and done absolutely nothing, at least bush did something, and iraq? hell, saddam should have been a stain, and a chalk outline, 10 years ago.

16. Welll...the movie arrived in Europe, finally. And I must say...it's clearly propaganda. And that's sad. His points are valid and his facts are proven. It's just that whole humiliation thing and mud slinging we've talked about in another thread that bugs me.

Now the great question is. Why? Why does he go to the same level as those he critisizes? And why is he the one critic that is most heard of (from the USA)?

Does this have to do with the great masses? Do they want to hear facts supported by circus? Are stone cold facts too boring? Is this the only way of reaching them?

I belive he's an important figure in the american opposition. But his means are wrong.

Still...maybe the aim justifies the means.

But I agree on another thing, too: Smokiemcpot said the democrats wouldn't have handled it differently. This is impossible to prove, but quite likely to have happened.

One question, though, mr mcpot: What's wrong with liberals? Holland is one of the most liberal countries I know. Everyone wants to go there. Still there's a shitload of resentment against liberalism in the USA. Or am I wrong?

17. Al Capone produced and sold alchohal when it was banned and now it's legal everywhere. Now they are people who grow and sell pot and it's slowly becoming legal arround the world.

18. What do i think about F 9/11.. I downloaded it and watched it, and it is simply a propaganda film. He tells one side of a story. It is funny how when people make movies about bush it is ok. They get invited to the DNC and get honored by sitting nexxt to jimmy carter. I think the film's agenda is that of about 3% of the population, the extremeleft of society. The movie was not a major blockbuster like i have seenit discribed. 800 Theatres is not many and i think it made like 2 million dollars or somethinglike that. Divide that by 8$ a person and that is not very many people seeing the movie. It is ok to make movies bashing bush, making comericals bashing bush and noone questions their motives or discredits them but when an anti kerry ad comes out, it is outragious. Bush has not even addressed this movie, i do not think it has had very much effect on people seeing as the only people who saw it were not going to vote for bush neway. Moore has freedom of speech and can make a movie about whatever he wants too, but the die hard llibs who think is it the holy grail need to stop drinking the kool-aid. He forgot the mention Clinton had 5 chances to 100% kill bin laden and pussed out. The plans for the attacks were made in 1996, not during bush's presidency. We had 5 attacks on america abroad during the Clinton years, wheres the documentrys blaming him for those?

19. Awesome movie. Anyone who thinks it's a propaganda film should go stick their head in the sand with the rest of em.