Factors that influence sex

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gman28, Dec 10, 2007.

1. does anybody know if there is anything that increases the chances of getting male plants instead of females. I have been getting a very unblanaced ratio of males(4) to females(1)

2. There are going to be conflicted opinions on this but there are some things you can do to increase your chances of females. Ripening bananas put off the same gas as the chemical they use to treat feminized seeds. You can put your seeds in a ziplock with banana peels and change them as they become ripe. Leave them in there for around 2 weeks. Also, the temp has an effect on them, how much nitrogen and other nutrients has an effect. There are alot of things that can increase your chances. Its not guaranteed by any means though. Also, there is some product that is suppose to stop the males. Its what they put on seedless fruits and vegetables. Its called Reverse or something like that.

3. yeh this is a debatable subject but as coreyp says nitrogen is influential in producing more females,also light cycles ,ive heard from mates that an 16/8 cycle helps?(never tried so cannot verify), but this is the most contributing factor in producing more females from reg' seeds ,as soon as the 3rd-4th shoot appears put seeds under a metal halide or a blue spec cfl as the blue spec these lights give off helps greatly;)not a guarantee but from my own experience "it put my ratio up greatly"

1.more nitrogen
    2.3rd 4th shoot put under mh or cfl "BLUE SPECTRUM"
    3.16/8 cycle ,but as i said cannot verify this myself just here say from mee mates

hope this helps bud;)

ps was reading somewhere that you can tell by the shape of the seed but personally think whoever came out with that was tripping:D

4. Yeah, ive heard that about the seed shape too. I mean if that was true, wouldnt seedbanks stop wasting time and money on feminized seeds and just pick out the females? Hahah, thats almost as bad as an article i read in high times where a guy asked if it was true that you have to put a male in with the females to make them grow stronger and more potent. He had heard this from a friend who grew "great" weed. Some people, i swear.