Faced with a big lifestyle choice would appreciate some help

Discussion in 'General' started by This Is Sparta, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys I'm currently at a cross roads in my life regarding colleges and figured this would be the spot for it.(Sorry if it isn't...) Well anyways my dilemma is that I have been offered a scholarship to Drexel University(Philly) and accepted into the University of Colorado at Boulder... While Drexel is an awesome school(get 3 sick internships and i have like 65 credits transfering over..) and I got family in DC, Philly, and NJ it's just that I just can't get Colorado out of my mind. Besides for the obvious reason it just seems like such a chill spot to live based on my short visit out there. So in your guys' experiences would going with where I would be more happy in Colorado(Not saying Philly would make me depressed but yeah...) vs the so called better fit in Drexel..(Would go with advice from Rents but they are divided on this as well..)

TLDR: Should I go to school where I'll be happier or to the better school(atleast with job outlook)/where I got family.

2. Flip a coin then youll know which one your hoping for

3. I'd go with Colorado, but thats just the hippie me. I think you'll have fun anywhere you go though, really, and job offers are always avail especially if you have good social skills and the credentials to back it up.

4. Drexel, school is about school, not where you live. I would say get the best education you are offered and after school move to where you want to live. Good luck, and congrats on those scholarships!

5. Boulder is beautiful, I just visited CU Boulder and it was amazing. However out of state tuition is something like $25,000/year. That plus cost of living is a lot to pay for a random state university.

Drexel will look better on a resume without a doubt.

6. Yeah go to Drexel. I going to a shitty University right now and I feel like I wasted my time and money and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me and the others about this, when you go to a collage or a university, you want to get your time and money's worth.

7. I would say Drexel. You should go to a school to help with your future. Not to say Colorado is a bad school but Drexel would be better. Your life doesn't stop after college. You'll have plenty of time to live wherever you want and a good job will help you achieve all your dreams later.

8. This is your decision man... You'd probably get a better education if you were happier...

You only learn as much as you take out of it...

Do whatever feels right..