Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by Reflection Eternal, Apr 23, 2010.

1. #21 PeaceMan, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010

oh yea you pretty much called me out on that one, i feel like im being manipulated
    ..Facebook is pure evil..

p.s i just remembered that episode of south park ripping facebook, pretty funny, and true..
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SgkfghupFE"]YouTube- South Park Facebook Scenes[/ame]

2. While back someone forced mi to make a facebook page so I could see a stupid comment someone left her... Week or two ago I deleted all the attention whores that added mi to friend even tho I dun kno who any of em were :D

3. #23 soapman, Apr 23, 2010
    I really never understood the whole excuse for it was "forced." I have heard that from a lot of people. It's not like you're being judged for having one, if anything the norm is to have one...therefore it is "cool" to have a facebook and if you don't you're not "cool." Cool is a very subjective term though. But nobody put a gun to your head or a knife to your hands and told you to make a facebook...If you have one that's great! keeps ya in contact with old friends. If you don't have one that's great too, just means you have to work harder to stay in contact or reach out to people you've missed.

hahahah!!! LOLZ that was so funny, I'd never seen that episode before, but, those are the exact reasons why I don't have a facebook.

"you better change your status to in a relationship" that's comical

4. Oh my God, the world is coming to an end.

I'm getting rid of my account if this happens. Heck, I already did once, but like... this time I really am considering shoving it out the door.

I don't even want to rant about this right now, I have a Media in Society exam tomorrow where I'll be laying into the stupidity of people and media consumption.

FUCK. I am so mad right now. Not even over this, but this makes it a lot worse.

5. #25 pmb6967, Apr 23, 2010
    I just recently got a "fb." :rolleyes: Basically just got it to find shit to do in my day and at night.
    The more bandwidth you need the better. ISP's are making bookoo. :)

6. Good post, it's interesting to see you think facebook is just another fad.

That was awesome. I've gotta watch that episode, haven't seen it.

I'd be interested to hear a summary of what you've learned and your thoughts relating to that class, should you have the time and inclination.

7. The exact reason I deleted my account today.
    Its a useless conundrum...

8. I Have one :)

I'm sure you guys would find my posts somewhat humorous. I'm usually on there talking with my family with the text chat while we're all at work bored out of our minds. ITs a sneaky way for all of us to plan our night, getting fucked up and smoking.

Found old friends that I would have never been able to without this.

I like making fun of stupid posts.

Stop hopping the hate bandwagon, who gives a fuck.

9. I have several Facebook accounts, all of which are presently deactivated.

I see people use this justification a lot, "it's a great way to keep in touch with people!"

My response to them usually goes something like this, "How many of your "Facebook friends" are actually your friends? People you spend time with, enjoy talking to, etc?"

This isn't meant to sound melodramatic, I'm merely pointing out that (for me, at least) there are very few people on the internet that I would actually want any contact with. I spend more time blocking and avoiding people I DON'T like than I do actually looking or searching for people that I DO...

I barely use Facebook as a way of "keeping in touch", I occasionally use it to entertain myself and often end up hurling myself into a never ending shame-spiral of procrastination and nostalgia.

Also, Facebook is just another outlet for already insufferable people. Whining about their lives in their status updates, "calling people out" on their walls, passive-aggressively posting bad pictures of your "friends", etc etc. AND NOW, family members are getting into the Facebook Groove, and now THEY use it to guilt you into talking to them/visiting them/sending them money.

I mean... I wouldn't have so many FB accounts if I didn't like it in SOME capacity, but I'm having a particularly bad day today and a mindless bitter rant about something no one cares about fit the bill pretty nicely.

10. i think ms.Butt is right :p
    but seriously she is, because out of the 355 friends i have i only chill with 2 on a daily bases. the other 353 i only chill with whenever i run into them at a party or in the streets. the only reason i made a fb was to see a girl i use to chill with when i was 9-13.

11. it seems i am one of few on here that still thinks facebook is handy as fuck. its an invaulable promotion tool, and the easiest way to find out about local events, concerts, bars, or whatever you need info on. go back to the newspaper and phonebook? i think not.

regardless of what shit they try and pull i probably wont be deleting my account any time soon.

12. no Facebook, just a Myspace I rarely go on

13. Damn what the fuck is with the Facebook hate? I got one and I'm proud to say I got almost 600 friends. It's a great way to get to know people and socialize, for me and my friends it's lead to some pretty hilarious moments when we see pictures of each other's nights. How can you hate on bringing up pictures of some night where so and so dressed like a chick or someone passed out with their pants off wasted as fuck?

Maybe you guys are the ones that need to get out more and socialize, I meet even more people through facebook events and it's great for getting people together. It's hard to talk to people all the time in real life or via the phone, people's schedule's don't mix very well. A perfect example is about 10 or so friends which are over seas for a year, how do I keep into contact with them? Phone's are way too expensive and mail is slow as fuck. Why wouldn't I get on and have a chat with someone 1000 miles away for FREE?

I think you guys are completely missing the point of what they are trying to do. They are trying to make your internet browsing BETTER. Think about other applications like online learning? You could get on with the rest of your class and go on virtual lessons and shit. Some ignorant people in here that are straight up afraid of technology. Were you guys as hesitant when cell phones started becoming popular? The internet is the future, get use to it.

14. The last frontier: WWW

15. QFT /thread

16. Oh that's why you guys are posting on a forum with other people?

17. Who said we wanted to be social?

18. lolololololol.

So many people complain about Facebook and Myspace and all these social websites. Who cares, man? If you hate it, don't get one or delete yours. Simple as that.

19. GC = the new facebook :D

20. i've only got 57 friends on facebook. i deleted all the randoms that added me and people that i dont know.