Facebook you lying bastards.

Discussion in 'General' started by L Rag, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Alright so I went through a period of cautiousness (paranoia?) a few months ago. I deleted everything I had ever done on facebook - every message sent and received, every wall posted on, every friend, everything. My facebook was absolutely a clean slate. Then I requested a permanent account deletion.

Now, a normal account deletion allows you to return to facebook whenever you like with all your friends etc - back to how it was. I can't remember the exact procedure for a 'permanent' deletion; it is certainly more complicated. They end up sending you an email saying "Don't log onto Facebook for 2 weeks; after that, your account will be permamently deleted."

So I wait a month or two. And then, using the same email, I sign up for a new facebook account under a random name. And as soon as I do so, Facebook recommends me a shitload of friends - the same friends that I had 'friended' on facebook with my old account, pre-permanent deletion. All the friends that they recommended to me, I knew well. There were no random people on that list.

So. I come to the conclusion that, despite what they say, there is no permanent deletion of your files. They keep at least some things - friend lists - and most likely, they keep nearly everything.

Fucked up?

2. If you have your friends' e-mails in your e-mail address book it will automatically show them on Facebook.

3. It is their website, you know.

4. ^
    Yay captialism and choice

5. 99% sure everything you ever posted on the internet is stored somewhere and is impossible to delete permanently

6. I have basically none of my friends in my email.

This is true. However, when they tell your they are permanently deleting every bit of information they have on you, it's being blatently dishonest.

7. of course they keep it, they sell your information to corporations as research for advertising
    check the privacy policy.

8. In your last account your email was stored in a cache of all your friends. Anyone who was your friend and still has their account would still have your email stored on their account, even if it wasn't public.

9. Every photo every post ever "like" is all property of facebook once published on the site it's in the agreement when you start up and yes they sell the shot out of all of it

10. Alsoo tcouldnt they locate you through your ip adress and suggest friends that local to your area? Idkk just high and thinking

11. lol..

12. the only way to destroy internet is to destroy all computers and data

13. I typed in google 22223655753 and facebook still showed up :mad:

14. Facebook was cool before it turned into a steaming pile of corporate feces. Facebook is now a snoopfest for hyper-active parents, private investigators, the federal government, and LE.

I dumped my account a long time ago. I could care less about someone's pathetic status updates, quizzes and farmville anyway. Good riddance.

15. I see. This is probably the best explanation. Thank you.

16. everyone in the world has our information through countless emails... student loans... debit/credit cards.. social security.. insurance.. I could go on and on..

Now, these things aren't personal information like "people you might know" and so on.. but I mean, does it really matter that this thing is holding all your information? There really isn't much you can do now, right?

this is so bitter :laughing: