Facebook vs. Myspace

Discussion in 'General' started by KundaliniRising, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I'm not particularly a big fan of either, but I want to know why facebook has become so much more popular than myspace. I don't even know how to use that shit, the layout for it is more complicated and searching for people is hard to unless you know their full names, unless theres a way to "browse" people. Like, with myspace you just type in your zipcode and you can search everyone in however many mile radius. I don't know everyones full name off the top of my head, so I don't see why it's the big thing now.

Someone who gives a shit about these things wanna explain to me why facebook has dominated myspace?

2. They both equally suck. [​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLNlSKugHw]YouTube - Facebook - CIA Profile Database[/ame]

3. you spend half an hour of your time on facebook and bam! you got it down. facebook is more mature. myspace is used by 13 year old girls and corporate CEOs to promote what they want.

I prefer Facebook.

oh, and get ready for the "facebook and myspace are for fags" comments.

4. Networking sites are good for keeping up with all the people you know. I prefer facebook becaue it's a little cleaner and more efficient. I just like the setup more.

5. Facebook.

I still don't get why people feel the need to give their address, phone number, AIM, etc. on Facebook though. Some shit needs to be kept private, especially on the internet.

6. Facebook all the way haha

When I first used myspace I didn't get it but when I first used facebook it pretty much made sense. That, and all my mates use it and NOONE in my area uses myspace, kinda odd...

7. Facebook.

8. I've been using myspace since before it blew up as big as a whales dick and every 13 year old girl in the world went on there and posted slutty pictures. I will continue to stick with myspace, and only myspace. If my friends want to contact me bad enough they can pick up a phone... or go on myspace.

Fuck you facebook!

9. myspace for keeping up with friends/fam facebook for the apps!!!

10. This thread needs a poll.

11. Facebook. I dont put too much personal information on there. My email address is private, and I dont put phone numbers or addresses on there.

MySpace is more of an informal approach to the same thing that FB does. MS is more of a hook up site, that's why you can search for "singles in your zipcode" and all that shit.

12. QFT

i'm a myspace OG

everyone if my family has a facebook except me even my grandparents

13. Well I wasn't really asking what everyone preferred, but I just don't see why everyone likes facebook better. It's more confusing to me, like you actually gotta know the people on there, I can't just fuck around lookin at random peoples profiles.

I don't really use either one, myspace if anything but no one really interacts with me on either one and vice versa, I just check it here n there.

14. The reason people like facebook more now is because new shit is the best shit obviously. Why do you think people buy new car models? Facebook is new and exciting where as myspace is old and boring. I realize neither site is "new" but myspace blew up a lot sooner than facebook.

15. facebook is far superior. myspace is dying out fast maybe 10% of my friends on myspace still use it.

imo facebook was simpler for me to grasp than myspace. none of that layout/code nonesense to deal with

16. i like myspace better but i spend most of my time on GC and check my myspace every like 12 hours

17. I don't think I like anyone on my friends list on myspace who's actually ever online. I can't believe I still haven't made the switch.

18. i use both just to keep in contact with people

19. facebook is like more for family i think...myspace is where u find all the ghetto people and internet bangers....and all the hoes :D haha

i got both....myspace for hoes facebook for family

i got some BOMB right now and im very very happy:hello:

20. I prefer Myspace.
    But I recently moved up to Facebook because I realized thats where alL the college chicks are at haha no lie.