Facebook Says It Is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by landrace, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Facebook will be deleting pro palestinians account on the social meeting platform; after meeting with the Israeli government.

"Shortly after news broke earlier this month of the agreement between the Israeli government and Facebook, Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Tel Aviv had submitted 158 requests to the social media giant over the previous four months asking it to remove content it deemed “incitement.” She said Facebook had granted 95 percent of the requests."

Facebook Says It Is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

2. What about the Darknet Facebook? Reason for its existence is because of countries that dont have access or the privilege to social media. Im under the assumption that Facebook created it as well. This makes no since to me.

3. 25443198_2044575262451722_2770179121619605575_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. #4 Slick21, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Yup. It`s been well covered the last few weeks.

Circle Jerks will be here soon, to keep defending something they simply don`t understand.

In 3..... 2..... 1.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. No surprise there

6. I am betting "pro-palestinian" only begins to describe the account(s) in question.

Good for Facebook...I understand GC bans accounts here and there. Been there...and here.

7. Have these Palestinians been violating Facebook policy? Grasscity has rules which are followed or you're out, what's the diff?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The title says they were deleted by commands of governments not because of breaches of facebook policy. I haven't looked into it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Consider the source. The link supplied states that 95% of the accounts referred to Facebook were deleted so that tells me that Israel isn't dictating who gets deleted otherwise 100% of them would be gone. Too bad we can't see examples so we could have informed opinions.

10. The fact that 1 facebook account was deleted, bc of a disagreement in an idea displays the movement towards an orwellian society. Freedom of speech is a two way street, it's not a one way zionist street.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Free speech is everything. The worst thing the American left has been doing the last few years is introducing this 'hatespeech' shit and deplatforming speakers left and right, the endless slandering and dehumanizing of everything as 'racist' and the like has caused so much damage to people's ability to talk to each other.

I think Facebook and Twitter have been banning people left and right for years, for these kinds of reasons.

Do you think free speech can have violent consequences, though? When people get to talking, sometimes they get to disagreeing. Monkeys being creatures of the jungle, sometimes that talking gets to fighting. I think we should let the chips fall where they may, but I do see the argument for limiting certain speakers. The american white nationalist constantly posting burn all niggers is as bad as the palestinian jihadist posting death to all jews - both cases are fightin' words.

I think the speech control people are at best interested in maintaining the peace, and at worst, such as the article you post, the are interested in maintaining power.

12. anwar al-awlaki US citizen decided to go abroad and preach against the United States, he was killed by a cruise missile, by the US government.

Regardless of how you "feel" he was never arrested and trialed; instead the government killed him for his speech. No evidence was brought forth against him. Im not defending his ideology, but his freedom as an american.

Freedom of Speech is important regardless of the subject, bc you're setting a dangerous precedent that will be used to suppress rightful criticism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yeah, I still can't believe Obama got away with that so easily.

Definitely fucked with the wrong country, though. People should know by now that no one - not even America - follows the rule of law. You mess with America, you usually end up on the wrong end of a tomahawk missile

Ofc, you get the bullet if you draw a picture of Muhammed, too. Muslims will come find you even if you're in a country where it's perfectly OK. I think free speech issues are much much much worse in the Muslim world than they are in even Israel

14. #14 landrace, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

The problem here is a foreign government collusion with a private company to suppress freedom of speech. I think that's alarming and orwellian.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. I thought we were talking about free speech and limiting it? Like the Israelis are doing on facebook w palestinian protestors. If this is an anti-israel thread lemme know and I'll back out

It's bad to ban facebook accounts, isn't it just as bad to kill someone for saying something? Or, even, worse?

16. The article isn't discussion Islamic countries impacting Social Media in western countries, it's speaking of the racial supremacy country, that has grown so powerful and paranoid that it needs to change freedom of speech to improve its Public image. (israel)

Why this is important, bc until you understand why those barbaric savages islamic radicals hate America, it has nothing to do with our freedoms, but our support for the Israelis. If Israel is able to delete facebook accounts that have negative comments about Israel, we can never get these parasites off our back and America will be forever entangled in the instability of the middle east and barbaric islamic radicals.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Israel the parasite? Israel was drawn up by the Western powers to control the region. I cannot say I doubt that it acts parasitically, such is the nature of power.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. No you're incorrect, Israel was promised by the British via the balfour declaration in 1926. America didn't become a superpower until after WW2 where the dollar was used as a reserve note throughout the world.

I make the clear distinguish with western nations, it's important. Given America didn't create Israel why are we responsible for israel?

therefore why are they colluding with private companies censoring our freedom of speech

19. In what way am I incorrect?

20. "Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Tel Aviv had submitted 158 requests to the social media giant over the previous four months asking it to remove content it deemed “incitement”. She said Facebook had granted 95 percent of the requests." Facebook Says it is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

That doesn't sound like that big a deal to me and 158 closed accounts in a country as polarized as Israel is nothing. I'm sure Facebook reviewed the accounts reported and found there was grounds for action for most. You're here trying to influence people's opinions by.....exaggerating? Just be straight, usually the truth is bad enough if your point is valid.

• Like Like x 1