Facebook Got Hacked, PLEASE help me?

Discussion in 'General' started by AveryLambert, Apr 3, 2013.

1. My facebook got hacked last night and I was finally able to deactivate it they changed my password so I wasn't able to get in. What they did was take one of the THE most personal messages I have between a friend and I about very innapropriate things, things that are so bad that I am a 20 old and I couldn't stop bawling for a few hours. The conversation was not only put on my status but pasted on to numerous friend's walls sent in personal messages to numerous people including my mom. My entire family is on facebook, cousins, aunts, uncles .... I dont see how I could ever log back into facebook without those posts on people's walls all popping back up for the world to see. I am wondering if there is a way that I can log back into facebook so that I can see everything but my ENTIRE profile is completely private so that no one can see anything including walls posts. So basically is there a way that I can keep my profile looking like it's deactivated but I am still able to get on and try to delete these messages and wall posts before I make my profile public again. Also I did put out a police report. He said he doubts they will be able to do anything, which is dissapointing because this completely humilated me and I promise you, has changed my life forever in the eyes of my family. (they are EXTREMELY conservative) this is not just some little event. If anyone could give me any kind of advice at all on how to get back to my facebook being normal without those posts or knows what the best thing to do is to find out who the hacker was so I can take them to court, thank you.

2. Don't put personal shit on the internet? Facebook owns everything you put on there. And lol taking a hacker to court.

3. 9 times out of 10, if a FB is hacked, it's someone you know or you got hit with a trojan/keylog. Be careful. Nothing is private anymore, even in message, don't say anything you don't want others to know.

You should just tell us what it said.

4. This is why I don't have a "real" facebook haha I am way too paranoid with that shit.

Good luck OP. I don't really see a way to reclaim your account. I think you can report the posts though.

5. Well it was private to a degree - they went into her inbox to get the messages.
    I dunno if you'll ever find the person who did it - it was most likely someone you know who might have known about what the message was already?

6. If you're logged into your facebook account, you can see the physical locations of previous logins of your account, which might help you deduce your hacker.

Click the top circular gear button, click privacy settings, Security, Active Sessions

7. Fucking bastards... You can use your email account to recover your password, that's the best way to do it. Once you're back in, make sure that you check to find out where the statuses were posted from.

8. dont make an easy to guess password, i always use a sentence that i can remember then use each first letter of each word and throw in a few numbers

9. You told your boyfriend that you wanted some time apart, now your FB was hacked. Hmmm, not to hard to figure out who might know you well enough to crack the password.

Any chance your's or a friends contacts got compromised recently? If not go with suspect A. :smoke:

10. Can't you get a password reset from Facebook? If not I'm not to sure. Also post the message that they sent out I want to read it.

11. #11 Bronx Finest, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    Security Question = Most underestimated account recovery method.

Sent from my IPhone 6 using GC Forum

12. just tell everybody it was hacked ?

13. Great point. They can/will help then. :smoke:

14. lol at the person who has very important/inappropriate things on facebook. your 20? arnt you supposed to have learned common sense by now? im sorry, i dont want to be mean... but in this situation, i have to. no sympathy for the people with internet drama, smh

15. how bad was the message?
    Regardless you just have to look forward and not dwell on this. People have posted cock pics on fb on accident. Shit happens not many people really care although it is embarrassing.

This too

16. How inappropriate

17. lol obviously your ex boyfriend hacked you..

Was it about cheating on him at the time? If so thats probably exactly who it was.

18. You probably shouldnt put your real name on a weed forum either, just for future referance Avery. ;)

19. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe that people share private information in a PRIVATE setting like Facebook messaging? No it isn't. So "shake your head" all you fucking want but I seriously doubt OP thought she'd one day be hacked and have her private conversations shared with the world.
    You either did not read OP's post before responding it you don't understand how social media is an integral part of communication for millions of people.