f*cking fuse problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dport, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I have a digital 1000w MH/Hps lamp. After about 8 months the fuse blew. It took me a couple of weeks to track down some replacement fuses(I live in the middle of nowhere). But now when I put a new fuse in it blows immediatly. I only have 2 fuses left and I don't want to waste them. What could be the problem, they are identical to the original fuses. Do I have to take the bulb out,unplug everything etc.???

15 cool points to whoever can answer this.

2. Have you overloaded your circut breaker?

3. u need to unplug from the mains power or trip switch and change fuse.... Check all the wiring (heat damage, etc)...try use a different bulb 1st, and if that works try the 1 that was in when it blew.....if its still blowing after that then could be a ballast problem or ignitor ?....some lights have capacitors in them that can die also.

4. unfortunately, I purchased a 1000w digital last summer and it worked about a day before it blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse and it immediately blew again. I had to send the unit back to sunlight supply for a warranty replacement.

after being down about 10 days, I installed the warranty replacement. It lasted 3 days before it blew the fuse. I replaced the fuse and it immediately blew again. at this point, I called sunlight supply and said i'm done with digital. they had the retailer refund my money and i purchased a 1000w old style magnetic. I havent had any more problems.

those 1000w digitals are pieces of @^#$.

the rep @ sunlight supply says they were having huge problems with the 1000w digitals.

I am not sure what brand you have but it is a very common problem with almost all of the 1000 watters.

regards,
    linedrivr

5. HTG grow supply (ebay store) is where I bought it.

6. i dont know about fuses but on a breaker i would just make it a bigger fuse like 15amp to like 40

7. I wrote the dude a letter a few days ago looking for replacement fuses. He didn't have any,whatever. He did say the new digitals have no fuses. Not sure what they have or what that even means but it might be a good thing.
    This is an excellent time for me to ditch the 1000 watter, eat the loss and switch to two 600w HPS. Anyone know of a good brand?

8. that sucks about the 1000 watters

9. if you are dead set on a digital 600, i'd go with the new lumatek (purple) and nothing else. with that being said, you will have alot less headache with an old magnetic style switchable.

I am using sunlight supply magnetic switchables. no probs here and if I do have one, they are warrantied for 5 years.

regards,
    linedrivr

10. That shit sucks; my 600W MH/HPS ballast blew up the first time I plugged it in, the resistors burned out; I got a warranty replacement about a week ago and it will not start up, only the fan runs.
    Looks like back to CFLs for me.

11. its because digitals are very new on the market
    its like an xbox 360 when they first came out years ago remember all the probs
    itll take some time till digitals replace old magnetics but they run cheaper u dont need conversion bulb and they start up with half the pwer

i just got my 400w hps in the mail yesterday so you guys have me worried what the fuck

mark my words if this fucks up before i chop im gettin a free system and keepin this one lol
    :eek:

12. if your talking about taking out a 15a fuse and replacing it with a 40a that's a pretty bad idea.

13. You should call HTG, they warranty their stuff for a year....

14. I've talked to him a couple of times. He's the one who told me about new digitals that don't use fuses. I have none of my paper work from the lamp and he doesn't keep ebay records or some shit. I've decided to go with 2 600w magnet types, just looking for the best deal. The only advantage to digital that I could see was they ran much cooler than magnet types. But I keep my ballast in a seperate room anyway...so..

15. if you bought from htg on ebay, you should be able to pull up the records on your ebay acct. if you paid with paypal, you could get your receipts there too....let him warranty it for you or at least give you a store credit for a different brand. I wouldnt just chalk it up as a loss and move on. hes a good guy and will stand behind what he sells.

htg is the one that told me in the beginning (May '07) not to buy a 1000w digital as they were having issues with them blowing fuses etc. I didnt listen and bought one anyway from another ebay seller. big mistake as it malfunctioned just like he told me it would. thats when i switched over to magnetics.

even if you decide to go digital, its good to have an old style magnetic in storage in case it stops working. that way there is no down time on your grow. you can pick up used magnetics on ebay for pennies on the dollar.

regards,
    linedrivr