ez cloner, worth it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by n.e crippler, May 23, 2008.

1. what's up everyone. i have a harvest of 7 lemon skunk and 4 ams plants coming in two weeks. I saved one plant of each and have been vegging for 3 months. these are my mother plants and i was going to get a 60 site ez cloner. i wanted to know from experienced growers if they thought the 350 dollars would be worth it? i will be growing the clones under a 1,000 watt hps and i wanted to get on a shorter, steadier harvest schedule. so basically is it worth spending the money and also, about how many clones would do well under a 1,000 watt hps? thanks

2. Yes, it's good.

3. Not really, there are threads here on the site that show how to build one for less the half the price of a EZ clone

4. Another factor to think about is what medium you plan on growing your clones in permanentely. Alot of growers that I know use rockwool cubes and hate ez cloners or similar aeroponic systems because it is hard to place the rooted clone in a cube of rockwool. Instead, they put cuttings directly in slabs of rockwool and have no problems rooting and growing. On the other hand, if you plan on growing DWC, Aeroponic, or even in soil or cana, the EZ clone works great but is quite expensive. Good Luck!
    Dr. T

5. I actually use 1 gallon water jugs (just like milk jugs) with the top 1/4 cut off and some plastic wrap lightly placed over the top. I've also use a styrofoam cooler with plastiwrap. Just cut a couple small small holes in the sides for gas exchange. place cutting in ph adjusted rockwool or equivelent and lightly mist once or twice a day, no deaths yet. It'll only hold one a piece though, but i grow small, so... waste not want not, although it may not look too professional.

6. Lowes or HD have nice storage containers where the lid closes inside the container, makes it leak tight...

small fountain pump, some 1/2 pvc pipe, 2 spinners sprinklers

mason jar metal band lids, not the lid but the screw band, place on top and secure with silicone sealant then cut out the center or cut out the center and then seal the band.

next grab a cheap neoprene camping/sleeping bag mat from walmart, cut circles to fit inside the mason jar metal bands with one slit cut towards the center of the circle for ease of placing or removing a clone

30 site cloner for about $40USD