Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eyes don't get red?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GatoradeFreak, Jun 5, 2009.

1. you lucky bastard.
    I cant be high around my parents or anybody like that because my eyes are so red, the first thing anyone will think when they look at me is that guy is fucking ripped. There is absolutely no white left and my eyes are bright red Even when im not that high they get incredibly red, I hate it. I gotta get me some eye drops.

2. The main psychoactive ingredient in Marijuana (Cannabis Sativa) is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Its effects include an increases in pulse rate, blood pressure, and heartbeat. Eyes become bloodshot and often dry mouth and throat occurs, and a crave for sweets, often referred to as "munchies". The increase in blood pressure causes the "red eyes" (easily treated with 2 drops of "Visine"), and the sudden drop of sugar level in the blood causes the "munchies" (chocolate or ice cream will increase the sugar level in the blood and the munchies will go away...)

Oh, I didnt make that shit up, its science, go read about it

3. My eyes look like the freakin' devil. And I'm allergic to Visine for some strange reason. But a bag with ice over your closed eyes can help a bit.

4. And if you really get technical, the increase in blood pressure causes the blood vessels in the eyes to engourge, making them go red. it has nothing to do with indica, sativa, or qaulity of weed. I find that after smoking for 10 years my eyes get a lot less red than they used to.

5. ya true that was me and my friends theroy growing up, but really after 1 year or 2 of smoking you got to smoke a lot more before your eyes get red.

6. Well if that pressure theory is true, I don't know, but if it is, that would make sense. After a couple years of smoking, I imagine your body gets conditioned to being in that state pretty often. So it doesn't increase pressure as much. But thats if it's true. I don't know that it is.

7. My eyes never get bloodshot from smoking. (Excluding hot boxing or whenever smoke actually gets into my eyes)

8. #28 GatoradeFreak, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
    Thanks all of these replies helped me about this so if the red eyes are caused by the increase of blood pressure does that mean that my blood pressure doesnt increase or...?

9. My eyes get super red, but I'd rather have that than what happens to my friend. He has big blue eyes, and when he smokes his pupils get HUGE and it's incredibly noticeable. I force him to wear sunglasses when we're baked in public

10. One of the biochemical effects of consuming cannabis is dehydration. This is why the blood vessels in your eyes swell up and your mouth gets dry. It may decrease after a heightened tolerance (which you don't have) but will, for most smokers, still be quite noticeable. Also, you will really know when you're high, the first time hits you like a brick wall. I'm sorry, you've never been high. I wholeheartedly wish you luck, though, and welcome to Grasscity.

11. lol, this is a little off topic, but i had gotten welders flash. it is when the heat from a welder burns sores onto your eyes, making them pitch red. the entire week i was high for 2 reasons, 1 it hurt soo bad, and 2, my eyes were red already, so it was a killer cover.

fuck yea!

12. Some peopels eyes just dont get red, so congrats. My eyes usually stay pretty clear, unless im very and unusually high my eyes get very bloodshot.

13. #33 compy, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
    My eyes don't get red either but they get soo droopy and glossy man it's like I'm cryin!
    Don't worry about the high part, i can guarantee you will get high the fourth time!

EDIT:If you think you didn't inhale properly inhale smoke 90%, inhale air 10% exhale slooooowly...
    My eyes also almost shut.

14. i used to get pretty asain-eyed... and theyd turn like mad mad red too. i got it pretty bad with my eyes... not so much any more tho

15. Yeah dude, true. I always thought I got high a little but I didn't the first few times but then I actually got high

16. that's exactly what happened to me

lol well maybe the higher you are, the more you laugh as a result of being higher, and your eyes also get redder from being higher.

17. Yeah i think i have a problem with breathing in the smoke because im not used to the hot smoke entering my lungs and my throat starts to burn so i guess thats another problem

18. Ive never had red eyes, no matter what or how much I smoke. Just count yourself lucky like me =D

19. Mine almost never get red. Honestly the only times I can think that they did was when I was blowin pills as I smoked.

20. ive been smoking for quiet a while now and my eyes never seemed to get red either. i dont know why. but sometimes they did but most of the time they didn't.:smoke: