Eyedrops + Contact lenses = Dangerous?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SsmokeWeed, Nov 29, 2010.

1. I wear contacts and specifically on the back of the bottle of eye drops, I'm sure it's the same for every brand: to remove the contact lenses and insert drops, then wait fifteen minutes before inserting your contact lenses back in. That just seems like way too much of a pain in the ass, like not even worth having clear eyes (no pun intended).

What do you contact wearers think? Are there any out there that use eye drops anyways?

2. they have specific drops for contacts that gets rid of red eyes
    visine have them

3. I've always been bad with my contacts but I use rhotos with my contacts in,

4. Right now, I never ever put eye drops in. My eyes dont get noticeably red. However, way back when, I'd pop my contact out, put the drops in and put it right back in. Especially if I was not at home. Sometimes if some crap gets caught in my eye and I cant find anything else, I use Visine to flush it out, while the contacts are still in. So ism sure there's no harm in it at all.

5. I keep em in when i put in drops, no big deal. I also got the Visine for Contacts but they're not good for red eyes just good if theyre dry.

6. I have been wearing contacts for about 5 years and I have used just about every type/brand of eye drop out there, and I have never had any adverse effects from putting eye drops in while my contacts were still in.

Long story short, you will be fine.

7. I think they proly just have to put that on the bottle, you will be fine and in the .000001 chance of something happening it wont be bad..well it just wont happen :D

8. um i use the regular visine redness releiver if i have work on busy days. i just pop them in with my contacts...been doing it for a while.

9. I don't think it is dangerous but it can make your vision cloudy and you would have to take your contacts out and rinse them anyways. But mainly I think it will cloud your contacts.

10. I know I'm not gonna die or go blind... but I have happened to notice the day after using eye drops with contacts in, they have been irritated a little bit. I'm not 100% positive that it was caused by the drops, just a suspicion.

I'll put in some Rhotos right now and see how it goes. :eek: :rolleyes:

11. you can get eyedrops that are specifically for use with contact lenses, go to the optometrist, they'll have some.

i wouldn't use any generic types of eyedrops with your contacts.

12. I have a bottle of Visine for Contacts, it just stops dryness. I just use regular Visine or Bausch&Lomb and works fine.

13. I put eyedrops in with my contacts in all the time, i have never noticed any adverse effects whatsoever.

14. I've been wearing contacts and using eye drops for like 3 years. I mainly use rhoto cool (green ones) and those are supposedly "bad for your contacts". I've gone into the eye doctor wearing 3 week old contacts (usually only supposed to be worn 2 weeks) that i've used rhotos like 1-3 times a day on and when my doctor looked at them he said they where in great shape. So yeah, I don't really think you'll be doing any damage.

are you newer to contacts? that might be why they get sorta irritated when you put in drops?

15. i wear contacts and put eyedrops in all the time. i never take them out to put drops in. i use visine and clear eyes and never had a problem. i suggest using the drops with contacts still in.

16. I wear contacts all the time... I hate using eyedrops that are not specifically for contacts because they kill my eyes! I try to always bring eye drops that are useable with contacts.

17. I'm pretty sure visine carries eyedrops specifically for contacts.

18. Luckily I have never had to use contacts, I have perfect vision. Also my eyes never get red, unless I smoke a shit ton. I usually only smoke a hit every now and then throughout the day so my eyes don't get too red.

19. I use Visine with my contacts in and nothing bad happens. It seems to dry my eyes out though. Visine for contacts just irritate and make my eyes even redder.

20. i think you should be alright. i wear contacts and use eye drops all the time.